Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There Should Be A Limit On The Number Of Kids

Posted by   + Show Post
For the moms here who believe there should be a limit on the number of kids a woman can have, I have hypothetical questions.

If you could enforce a law with a limit on the number of children a woman/family could have...

What would propose be done to prevent more pregnancies?

What action against said woman/child would you propose if there was a pregnancy that put them past the allotted limit?

Completely hypothetical. Feel 100% free to post anon with your true feelings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Replies (71-75):
TeamTARDIS
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I say if you feel this way you should move to China! As much as I hate child abusers I don't believe in forced sterilisation or forced contraception.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Or what? What will happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe anymore than 2 is too much. But, if you have a large family, you better be able to support them completely, no PA at all.

krayzbabylove
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I don't agree with this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Let's say the law says a woman can have 3 kids. After her 3rd child is born, the woman is sterilized. A couple years later there is an accident and the woman loses some/all of her children.. Would the government pay for a reversal or IVF so the woman can have the allotted amount of children again if she wants them? I doubt it.

I would be against a law like this & I would move to another country if one were passed. I have 4 kids & I'm done, but I'll be damned if I'll live somewhere that strips me of my rights like that. It would be the beginning of all kinds of crap laws.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weaveress
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The man would not have anymore because he has his one replacement with his first child. The woman also couldn't have anymore because her first was a replacement for her. Her second a replacement for the father.

Quoting FoxFire363:

How would that put an end to blended families? Say a woman has one child, then is no longer with the father of that child, marries a second man, who himself has no children and then she has a second child with him. She then is surgically sterilized having had her 2 children, but he isn't, because he only has one. Then they divorce, her remarries and has one more child with the new wife, who brought one child to that marriage, at which point, he and his new wife would each have 2 biological "replacement" children and be sterilized. That would be a very blended family and all perfectly legal under the system you proposed.

Quoting weaveress:

I think the answer would be 2 kids, that's one replacement for each parent. and obviously they would have to be surgically sterilized after the 2. This would also put an end to blended families. 

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN