Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh please. You are not Native American!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 454 Replies
12 moms liked this

I always laugh when I see these nationality /race posts. Everybody swears the are Native American or Irish or French etc. First of all WHAT DOES A FRENCH PERSON EVEN LOOK LIKE? You are white.Just plain old vanilla. Stop making up shit. If you don't speak the lanuage, don't know how to cook the food, listen to the music, or ever been there let alone outside of the country than stop claiming a heritage you know nothing about. Unless you or your parents atleast are directly from that country LMAO

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMMYSLOVE13
by ♥♥Brandi♥♥ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

BUMP

jojo_star
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok. At least they know what they are. I have zero idea what I am, besides white. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but still, it'd be nice to have at least some idea. 

curlycupcake
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
17 moms liked this
I think that post was asking about heritage. I don't think anyone falsely claimed to be something they weren't. We all have roots somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Vallo
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Bump

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
17 moms liked this
Actually yes I am Native...its the only nationality I claim because that's what I was brought up as. I've lived on the rez, been to a freaking pow wow and ate the fry bread! Of course I am also registered with the tribe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
19 moms liked this

I've traced my ancestry.  My mom's grandmother was 100% Native American.  Choctaw.  I also have ancestors from England and various other European countries.  Ancestors were directly from those countries.  

So are African Americans just black people?  By you're logic, that would be yes.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
24 moms liked this

Do you tell Americans with Nigerian heritages or Jamaican heritages that they shouldn't say they are those nationalities? Or do you assume it's more valid because they're black?

Stop being a twat.

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh no.  Someone told me today that I needed to claim my German heritage, when I claimed I was American.  I, however, completely agree with you.  My ancestors were from Germany, that really doesn't have anything to do with me 4 generations later.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my husband is part Lithuanian. He has never been there, can't speak the language or cook the food but his grandfather was born there so he is a quarter Lithuanian
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)