Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just pulled our free annual credit reports....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and DH has 2 accounts from a gas company and electric company in Massachusetts that were charged off.  The problem is we dont live in MA we live in AZ!!!  But my MIL did use to live in MA the time these accounts were opened.  The electric bill is for $1336 and the gas bill is $1511.  WTF?!?!?!  I can not even believe a mother would do this to a son. Is there anything I can do? If we contact the credit bureau is there a way to get this taken off as it was clearly identity theft?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (61-62):
ArisMom208
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Been there; done that.

DH's oh so wonderful mother applied for FOUR credit cards, maxed them all out.

Put her utilities in DH name

and a few other things.

and never paid off anything. He went from having great credit, to absolutly horrible credit.

Contacted the credit bureau and we had to fight them because she only lived about 20 miles from us, and all the info matched US, but we were able to prove it wasn't him and luckily, they deleted it. 

we got lucky tho...

they should be able to do something for u tho

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Call the credit bureau to dispute it. I found something that was negatively affecting my score. It was a hospital bill from 2008; I remember going but never got a bill in the mail or a call from debt collectors. I called the bureau to see what I should do about it and they were really nice. The lady gave me the phone number and I called the debt collectors, expecting to pay the bill right then.. That woman told me they sent the bill back a couple of years ago and the debt had expired (i didn't even know they expired). She told me she was removing it from my records and to give it up to 2 weeks and i should see my score increase. Never know what can happen! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)