Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The gay dead horse just had a fat baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this
Regarding homosexuality, I hear two arguments a lot.

1) It is not valid to quote anything considered a sin in the Old Testament because once Jesus came, wearing mixed fabrics and eating certain things no longer applied. Anything else, you repent and can be forgiven for as long as you are truly sorry and don't do it again. This leads to...

2) Gay people will go to hell because they are knowingly and willingly commiting a sin with no remorse, despite believing in God/Jesus or not.

So...what about overweight Christians, barring medical conditions, that are not actively trying to lose weight? Why doesn't anyone tell them they're going to hell? How come they can sit in the front pew at church without being ostracized? Last time I checked, gluteny was still a sin. If they continue to live an unhealthy lifestyle with no thoughts of remorse, how is that any better than the sin of homosexuality with no remorse? You can no longer use the Old Testament or praying for forgiveness and doing better excuses, so please, justify to me how a fat Christian who doesn't excersize and eats crap is petfectly deserving of a spot in heaven but a gay person is not.

Personally, I don't believe my loving God cares about either situation as long as they're good people. Fat, thin, gay, straight, purple, pink, whatever...the God *I* know loves, forgives and accepts us all.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HipLikeJunk
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
11 moms liked this

Fat christians are allowed in heaven, they just have to request the seat-belt extenders. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I totally agree:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Do they have to pay a higher ticket price for the ride up?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Fat christians are allowed in heaven, they just have to request the seat-belt extenders. 

MeaganP
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Should this god be worry about the millions of childeren that die every day from hunger

Should this god be worry about all the hate in the world that he has caused

This god is a fairy tail like the easter bunny and santa clause
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Well that is why the Ot law encompassed all of those things, it is a total lifestyle in devotion too your creator regardless of your personal temptations. Amy Grant left her husband for some other singer and said God told her to do it. Ultimately God will judge each person regardless of their sin and everyone claiming to be a follower should be preparing for it.
IsmellP00h
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Vurp!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

No, but the angels give them serious side-eye.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they have to pay a higher ticket price for the ride up?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You're assuming that people struggling with their weight are gluttonious, which may or may not be true.  Furthermore a skinny person can be gluttonious.  My nine year is gluttonious whenever pizza is served...luckily for him he doesn't tend to be fat, he is as skinny as a rail.  In any case I don't buy the argument that the OT is no longer valid.  Peter had a vision that all foods are now fine to eat, nowhere else was there mention that the other Jewish laws are no longer valid.  Paul probably didn't emphasize Jewish laws because he was preaching to gentiles.  Jesus was first and foremost a Jew and obeyed Jewish laws with perhaps a few exceptions: gathering food on the Sabbath, and healing on the Sabbath.  So I don't buy that the OT is no longer valid, if you are going to accept the bible as a holy book.  I DO think that we all, like it or not, read the bible with our conscience in mind...we take from the bible what we accept as righteous and disregard the rest.  I don't find homosexuality to be a sin.  I do find gluttony and lewd behavior to be sinful in the sense that these things are unhealthy and can destroy you physically and mentally.  As far as overweight Christians...they may NOT be gluttonious.  Our bodies are made to store fat in a world of plenty and many of us struggle with this fact.  If they are so what?  They are in church..and if they are sinners, like all of us are they've come to the right place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
He is, he gave its all the ability to take care of the starving and commanded the killing of evil people. In many ways humans are to blame not God. Is it God's fault people are pigs and destroy the earth for riches?

Quoting MeaganP:

Should this god be worry about the millions of childeren that die every day from hunger

Should this god be worry about all the hate in the world that he has caused

This god is a fairy tail like the easter bunny and santa clause

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Some people are asshats, especially those who have tall horses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)