Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be irritated at this?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 29 Replies
Here's the scenario:

Your 3 year old attends a Mother's Day out program twice a week from 930-230

You pay 250 a month for him to go

You pay a 50 dollar registration fee

You pay a 75 dollar supply fee

You provide snack

You provide lunch

You provide nap mat

You provide things throughout the year for the parties such as chips or plates or Easter eggs.

There are 15 kids in the Tuesday Thursday class and another 15 kids in the Monday Wednesday class. There are 5 other classes and they each have 15 kids on mon and Wednesday and another 15 on Tuesday Thursday.

There are 2 teachers per class and 2 office staff....so 12 all together

Would you be pissed if the school sent home a letter asking for money to upgrade the playground, a playground that's a few years old and looks like its in good condition?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask them WHY they needed the money since it was only a few years old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Yes. I wouldn't do it. Especially cuz my kid won't be there many years and won't get to enjoy it long?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
If you pay that much to get some free time, you can pay for a new playground. jmo.
audreesmama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
This. What's the reason?

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Remember these are the same people that had the gall to ask for specific gifts at Christmas and for their birthdays.

I'm fed up with it, I think that they just see dollar signs with these kids because they are deep down in a rich neighborhood and think the parents can afford to hand them money left and right.

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight91
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

pretty much get used to it, every month the school is asking for money for something.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I forgot about that, lol

I would then ask them.....who wants the new kitchen in their house, lol

Quoting Roxygurl:

Remember these are the same people that had the gall to ask for specific gifts at Christmas and for their birthdays.

I'm fed up with it, I think that they just see dollar signs with these kids because they are deep down in a rich neighborhood and think the parents can afford to hand them money left and right.

Quoting Sassy762:

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I wouldn't be upset even if I may not do it.  I was actually just thinking parents who send their kids the most are probably the most interested in upgrades for their children.  I don't think you're wrong for feeling how you do, though.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
School yes I can see asking but this is a daycare that you pay for, your tuition should cover things like that.

And actually the public school doesn't do things like that, they send home a letter at the beginning of the year asking each kid to contribute 25 bucks so that they don't have to do any fundraising throughout the year.

Quoting starlight91:

pretty much get used to it, every month the school is asking for money for something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I would tell them no! It's not the parents responsibility to upgrade the facility/equipment, they're a business if they think it's necessary they need to come up with the money themselves. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)