Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone been with an addict?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just found out my df is taking a lot of xanax, and klonopin daily.. I don't want to end it but idk what to do? Anyone that's been with an addict and worked through it I could use some tips :/
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
my df as been clean from meth for almost 6~7 years. It can be done just the only way it can't be done is if he doesn't want to get clean. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I disagree. The legal ones are the ones you need to watch out for.

Quoting 2012Rabbit12:

there is alot of drugs that are much worse... heroin and meth for example.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Well, since that's the case, you need to pack your bags & move on. It will always be something. I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

He was on heroin for 10yrs... he's been clean for a year now, he's on suboxone.. but now it's these pills..

Quoting 2012Rabbit12:

there is alot of drugs that are much worse... heroin and meth for example.

kels1023
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I have. And I wasted 3 years trying to help him get clean and make it work. It doesn't work. He would quit for a few months, and then something would happen that upset him and he would start doing drugs again. 4 overdoses, jail time, and a coma later he is still an addict. Every time something happened I was terrified he would go do too many drugs and overdose again. I felt like it was all my fault because most of the time he overdosed because of a fight we had. It completely consumed my life. Eventually it became too much to deal with. I blocked his number, changed my number, moved, and completely removed him from my life. I'm living a much better life now that he is not in it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
My ex bf did pills and ice. I stayed on his ass. He was next to never alone. Not even the bathroom in the early stages. I monitored his cell phone calls/texts and daily interactions. He couldn't breathe without me knowing.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Idk does he admit he has a problem?
amiesmomma
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My ex has that problem. I don't have relationship advice. I wouldn't stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My ex was an addict. When I made him stop, he just went to another drug. Part of the reason why we are no longer together.
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Is he actually addicted or is he just dependent on it? There's a difference between the two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I couldn't work through it but I can honestly say I tried. 

My XDh is an alcoholic.  I tried to help him for years.  He told me that "an addict will continue to be an addict until they hit THEIR bottom, be it getting embarrassed at an office party or getting caught driving drunk and imprisoned. Most don't quit until their last breath."  He hasn't quit. 

Several of my family members have drank themself to death. One had friend sneak him alcohol while he was in rehab.  He was drinking one of those BIG bottles of whiskey daily. Looked almost as big as a gallon. He was dead at 45. Another had "half her insides" removed and was on oxygen. All the while she kept drinking and smoking. She was about 57 when she died. Looked 75.

Bottom line: it really doesn't matter what you or anyone else wants. The addict has to want it to change.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)