Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone been with an addict?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just found out my df is taking a lot of xanax, and klonopin daily.. I don't want to end it but idk what to do? Anyone that's been with an addict and worked through it I could use some tips :/
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
loisl25
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I spent almost a decade trying to save my alcoholic ex. Most likely he will just ruin your life along with his own. I would definitely advise against marrying him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I have but I walked. Life's to short to babysit an adult to make sure they aren't doing drugs behind your back. But that's me I've been called heartless once or twice. He's gotta want to stop. Good luck!
Kitschy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Is his addiction a new thing? If it's early enough rehab maybe the answer and it might not be that bad. However, if he is a full blown addict. You are powerless, I'm sorry.

Dlunsford
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I've been there....it can't work while they're using, because they are so selfish when they are an addict. I'm sorry to say, but it will probably get worse before it gets better. As hard as it is you have to walk away, because it will affect you in so many ways...physically and mentally. If you would like to heat what I've been through send me a message....I'd be happy to help. Another great source are Al-Anon meetings. I also took classes on drug and alcohol addiction through a community college recently; it helped me so much, because I never understood addictions.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No and if I found out he was an addict I'd be gone. No questions asked. After dealing with a parent that was an addict it won't be tolerated in my life. It's a huge deal breaker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Good Luck!
and just try to listen to him open-minded....

Quoting Anonymous:

I literally just found out the extent of it tonight.. I'm going to talk to him once I calm down..

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

He has to want to get clean otherwise no matter what it wont happen.

Kolopin can make weeks disappear...

Have you confronted him about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Well, he came home from work .. said he didn't want to talk and went to sleep. I guess wanting this relationship is one sided..

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

Good Luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I literally just found out the extent of it tonight.. I'm going to talk to him once I calm down..

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Just call and say he really needs to come in. Or just tell the Dr what the problem is and the Dr will go from there. Dh had to call my Dr a couple of times

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk if his dr would talk to me? Isn't that illegal? I read that stopping cold Turkey can cause seizures..

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a lot. I would tell you to have him stop cold turkey but the kilopin withdrawals are a bitch. I was on 2 MG's and missed two days. It was really really bad. Since he is taking so much he is going to have to be weaned off of the stuff. You should call his doctor asap tomorrow. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had xanax for my anxiety too.. but he's taking upwards of 8-10 (.5mg)klonopin a day and 3-4 (1mg) xanax a day..

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh is a recovering addict. He hasn't used in over 2 1/2 years. We take it one day at a time. He has a great job and is being promoted to supervisor. Plus if he does slip up he knows he could loose everything including us.

I take xanax twice a day but I'm not addicted to it. Its for my anxiety

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM
pills mess with your head bigtime!!
Maybe try calling his dr and setting up an appointment.
Does he know you know about the pills? Could he be going through something (mentally/emotionally)?
It will NOT be easy on your end! but you can be what saves him...

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, he came home from work .. said he didn't want to talk and went to sleep. I guess wanting this relationship is one sided..

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

Good Luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM
My ex bf of 5 years was / is an addict. I realized that I would never be as important to him as drugs were.
I do think he got things under control w methodone later though.
GL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)