Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did You know Your Child was normal or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

is it something you knew or did someone have to point it out to you?  as in hey, your kid isn't doing this or that, i think something is wrong...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

My first clue was when he got kicked out of 3 daycares in 2 months. 

confused

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM

you had no clue before that at all with him?

Quoting Anonymous:

confused

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Not really. I thought he was just a hyper little boy who happened to be smart and maybe a bit bored.

Quoting Anonymous:

you had no clue before that at all with him?

Quoting Anonymous:

confused

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My last child was so damn "HYPER" he made "hyperactivity" look like it was standing still.....literally

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you explain what you mean by normal? My two year old is a weirdo, and no one needs to tell us that :)

We love our weirdo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I began to think my little darling was an asshole. I mean why else would he step over his book bag on his way out the door?
And why was he ignoring me when I said do A.B.C.

Turns out it was ADD. he literally didn't see the book bag, just an obstacle. And he could remember A. (B+C) was legitimately forgotten within 2 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

meeting general milestones in time and displays behavior within the norm considered for the age of said child...now explain what you mean by your child is a 'weirdo'

Quoting Shermy:

Can you explain what you mean by normal? My two year old is a weirdo, and no one needs to tell us that :)

We love our weirdo

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

You can speak with your doctor, ask people you are friends with who have children the same age (take this with a grain of salt), and look up milestones for that age group online . 

How old is your kiddo?  Are you concerned about something or just curious?

My son is a weirdo......just because he is.  He is a huge 2 year old goof ball.  He gets mad when you call Orcas "killer whales", his favorite animal is an Okapi and he sleeps with two stuffed ones. He calls us "Mama Kitty" "Dada Kitty" and "Wessy Kitty" and   then purrs as he hugs us.  He potty trained himself at 14 months old, and asks for quiona. Dude is just weird. 

Quoting Anonymous:

meeting general milestones in time and displays behavior within the norm considered for the age of said child...now explain what you mean by your child is a 'weirdo'

Quoting Shermy:

We love our weirdo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

im just curious how other parents handle the situation..i personally don't have a problem. 

Quoting Shermy:

You can speak with your doctor, ask people you are friends with who have children the same age (take this with a grain of salt), and look up milestones for that age group online . 

How old is your kiddo?  Are you concerned about something or just curious?

My son is a weirdo......just because he is.  He is a huge 2 year old goof ball.  He gets mad when you call Orcas "killer whales", his favorite animal is an Okapi and he sleeps with two stuffed ones. He calls us "Mama Kitty" "Dada Kitty" and "Wessy Kitty" and   then purrs as he hugs us.  He potty trained himself at 14 months old, and asks for quiona. Dude is just weird. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Shermy:

We love our weirdo

fkh8ah
by Felicia on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I knew with all of em because im their mom..between me and DH they stand no chance O.o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)