Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling stress and anxiety when boyfriends 15 year old son is around....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

My SO's 15 year old son is autistic and he is VERY high maintence and EXTREMELY disruptive to everyone in the house. He has tried to choke my daughter, and has thrown things at her. He runs around the house and throws stuff everywhere while yelling at the top of his lungs. He doesn't listen to SO, let alone, me, when we are out in public. He grabs complete strangers hands and tries to blow on their hands and make noise or tries to kiss them. People get really irritated when that happens. We can't get anyone to baby sit him except SO's sister and mom and they rarely do it. So when we have all 4 of our kids every other weekend we are stuck home and can't do anything as a family which means the younger kids go stir crazy.. It's really taken a toll on our relationship because I work Mon-Fri and SO works weekends so when he does, I'm stuck with him and not able to leave the house.  I really can't stand having him around and I feel guilty for it sometimes, but Its such a relief when he goes home. When he's here, SO is very stressed out and unhappy and so are the kids and me. Its horrible. I know I sound like a bad person, but I am really hoping when he turns 18 his mother puts him in a group home so we won't have that stress in our lives anymore :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe your SOS mom and sister can start taking him one or two days a month for you to relax on a weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
:( good luck i couldn't handle that shit. I give u props for trying
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

They do sometimes but its rare

Quoting VinVanMom:

Maybe your SOS mom and sister can start taking him one or two days a month for you to relax on a weekend.

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
That is a tough situation but if your SO is not the father of your children, then there is no way that I would risk the safety of my children. If he is truly a danger, then your SO needs to get a different job so that he can be there in the weekends to help you with his sin. Good Luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Woah, I don't blame you at all. I couldn't live like that.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
That's got to be tough. :(
VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't risk my kids either...is he worth allof this? Here they have daytime care for special people is there anything like that where you live? They are with peers and go on outings with people who are trained to handle them,

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

We have a son together and I have 2 from a past marraige. I know SO won't get a new job, he is making more money now than he ever has. We have fought about and he says, I knew what I was getting into when we got together which really isn't true, he had a different job when we first got together which he had all weekends off

Quoting Mom2KIL:

That is a tough situation but if your SO is not the father of your children, then there is no way that I would risk the safety of my children. If he is truly a danger, then your SO needs to get a different job so that he can be there in the weekends to help you with his sin. Good Luck!

DeathGoddess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Research something called "respite care" it is free or low cost specially trained sitters...they usually watch siblings too
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Yikes. There's no way I'd put up with watching a 15 year old that behaved like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)