Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on PA- don't open if you are tired of PA post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 423 Replies
3 moms liked this

What kind of assistance do you receive? Do you work?

I'll go first.  I do work, i am listed as part time but work full time hours. They won't list me as full time because they will have to offer me benefits.

I get food stamps and medicaid for my children.  I pay my rent and electric on my own and have never gotten help paying those. I don't live in section 8 or HUD housing.

I have been on PA for a year because we fell on hard times. DO i like it NO, but it is our life now.

There is 4 in our household but i am currently the only one working. My husband is looking for work but not having any luck.

For you PA haters, or those of you saying beating a deadhorse. My title clearly stated what this post was about.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
8 moms liked this

None.....I'm retired

I just open to see if you had any sexy picture  of men, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I wished.

Quoting Sassy762:

None.....I'm retired

I just open to see if you had any sexy picture so of men, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
No PA here. How much do you get in FS? What event took place that you needed assistance? Was your first child on Medicaid when you had child #2?
waffa
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
9 moms liked this

we all do what we have to for our family, not a bash here.

skymama10
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I have Medicaid for my dd. that is it. Package c to be exact I even pay for it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacey541
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

We have been on wic for 6 months-this is the last month. I work full time and get good pay, and my husband now works full time as well. When we qualified he had just lost his unemployement and I was the sole income for the family, so we qualified-now we make too much. It was a great little boost to get us back on our feet-we have never received any other sort of assistance though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
We get fs & the kids have medicaid. I work pt (the only thing I could find.. after the weekend I had at work. It's possible that I won't even have thay after they see my paperwork tomorrow) Dh has been looking for work for months and can't find anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

No PA here. How much do you get in FS? What event took place that you needed assistance? Was your first child on Medicaid when you had child #2?

neither of my children were on medicaid when i had them. my kids are 10 and 13 years old. I get $526 a month in stamps. We were doing fine until my husband got laid off from his job. we lived a year off of savings.  I was a sahm for years and i took me time to find a job. I found a job about the time his unemployment ran out. we moved in hopes of finding work but i was the only one who was able too. Moving again is an option but money is an issue now and i don't want to give up a job without a promise of one or the other having a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I am self employed. Was doing great until last October when they closed the road in front of my business to replace a bridge. I started getting FS about a month ago, and I'm applying for medicaid now. DH and I work very hard, it pisses me off that ignorant people think all assistant recipients are lazy, self entitled moochers that abuse the system. MOST are not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I hope you don't lose your job. good luck with your husband job search. we are having the same issue. looking but not finding anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

We get fs & the kids have medicaid. I work pt (the only thing I could find.. after the weekend I had at work. It's possible that I won't even have thay after they see my paperwork tomorrow) Dh has been looking for work for months and can't find anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)