Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on PA- don't open if you are tired of PA post.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What kind of assistance do you receive? Do you work?

I'll go first.  I do work, i am listed as part time but work full time hours. They won't list me as full time because they will have to offer me benefits.

I get food stamps and medicaid for my children.  I pay my rent and electric on my own and have never gotten help paying those. I don't live in section 8 or HUD housing.

I have been on PA for a year because we fell on hard times. DO i like it NO, but it is our life now.

There is 4 in our household but i am currently the only one working. My husband is looking for work but not having any luck.

For you PA haters, or those of you saying beating a deadhorse. My title clearly stated what this post was about.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Look at all the moms just on CM that see nothing wrong with intentionally procreating while on PA. Its obviously an issue. Its that whole sense of entitlement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually that are a lot of people working while on pa, more than what people think. As hard as it may be to believe, there are not that many people planning on having babies while on pa.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldnt take long at all. Less and less people working. More babies created that need assistance. Disaster waiting to happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Perhaps if no one ever intended on getting off of PA. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But dont you see that if everyone went and did that the system would crash in on itself???

Quoting Anonymous:

:) I understand how you feel, but I'm not going to make decisions regarding the size of my family based on our family income right now. I don't have very many years left of fertility, and we will not be on PA for very much longer. It is not our fault the economy is so bad right now, and I don't think we should have to pay (by not having the family we've dreamed of) because our government has made such detrimental mistakes.  There are going to be plenty more years of my husband and me paying into the system and supporting some other family who is down on their luck. Not to mention, I worked for 10 years before I ever got on PA so I have already paid into it for some time.  I very much look forward to getting back to work in the next couple years (and getting off of PA) but right now I'm happy to stay home with my sweet little ones and do crafts and play music and games. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats great you do all those things, but you shouldnt have children you cant provide for.

Quoting Anonymous:

We get WIC, and my kids are on medicaid.

I don't work. I have three kids ages 5, 3,and 1 none of which are in school yet (but my 5 year old starts this upcoming year and I'm hoping to get my 3 year old into the preschool program). I can't get a job that would make what it would cost for child care. (I have no friends or relatives within an hours radius of our house to watch them) so I stay at home with them. When my older two go to school this next semester I am going to start some online classes and get the ball rolling on becoming a lactation consultant. We do lots of things to save money! We cloth diaper and I've Breastfed all of my kids. I use cloth napkins, towels, wipes, pads, And TP. I pretty much don't use any disposable items. We also buy all our clothes and most household items at the thrift store or get them off freecycle. I repurpose Items instead of throwing them away, and I sew so some items i make instead of buying if it turns out cheaper that way. I'm a thrifty shopper but we eat real food so that can get kind of pricey, because unfortunately junk food is cheap and real food is expensive! We have been on these things since I got pregnant with my second baby. We are smart, well educated people, and I know we won't need assistance forever. It's just what's happening right now. 

mama-sita
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Yeah buying the stuff to make things from scratch and not all that junk food is really important as far as I'm concerned.  Will I buy the occasional candy bar or doughnut?  Yep.  Is it every day?  Nope.  Not every week, ever other week.  Maybe once or twice a month, if something special is happening.  I'll bake cookies and cakes and I can make candies with my kids.  My youngest loves it.  It's how I taught them to start reading and counting when they were little.  I'm glad your girls are happy.  That's what counts.

Quoting Small10:

My girls are happy. Well fed cuz i dont buy junk with my fs and make meals.

Quoting mama-sita:

And not judging other people that happen to be having a hard time.  You go mama.  You're doing well.  How are those babies?  Happy I'm sure?

Quoting Small10:

Truth does hurt. But also i can sleep at knowing im doing what i can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Truth hurts huh? Lol. Good night mooch.

Quoting Small10:

Wow. Ok. Good bye.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol YOU are not feeding your family. The government is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Ohhhh, you'll LOVE me! We are a family of four. DH got demoted this past August from a job where he was making a lot of money. It was a company wide thing. Our income was drastically cut. Currently he works full time, and I'm a sahm. We get WIC, 660 in food stamps, and Medicaid for our kids. We also get a pass to get into many local museums and attractions for free. I'm a sahm bc I don't want my kids in daycare, which would take most of what I would make working. I don't give a shit what you think. We have paid a ridiculous amount of taxes just in the past five years alone. With all that being said, he is getting his old position back in three weeks and will be making even more than he did before. We will no longer qualify for anything. And we will still have our beautiful house and me as a sahm. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Small10:

Wow. Ok. Good bye.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Small10:

Yup. Thats me! Thanks i feel sooooo much better now i have you hating me. I do what i have to to feed my family. I work. Hubby is in school and my kIds are taken care of. Get off your damn highhorse and stop TRYING to make other hard working people feel like shit cuz they unfortunely need help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Irresponsible and selfish.

Epitome of the entitled.

Quoting Small10:

He watches my kid while im at work. We cant afford daycare. Thanks tho. Weve looked at our money and talked about ut many times. But we decided him focusing on school full time would be better for us right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs a j.o.b.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im on fs and my youngest gets mediciad. I work as much as i can. That varies on my bosses making the schedule. My husband goes to school full time.

Anonymous

Yes I work. I work at subway full time, and go to school part time in the evening while my sister babysits my son. 

We are on foodstamps and medical. we are on the list for section 8. but aparently there have been people waiting on that list for 10 years! 

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
You werent smart enough to plan for the what ifs in life and we have to pay for your stupidity and you dont see a problem with that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lactation consultants make a minimum of about 57,000 a year....that coupled with my husbands salary would definitely get us off of PA,....well, well off of PA. I never intended to have a career while my children are young. I believe in staying home with my children and teaching them while they are little. If the economy weren't so rough, my husband would be making a LOT more money. It's just they way it worked out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome. We can pay for you to take classes for a meaningless certification that won't get you off PA!

Why did you have 3 kids without a solid career?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't work. I have three kids ages 5, 3,and 1 none of which are in school yet (but my 5 year old starts this upcoming year and I'm hoping to get my 3 year old into the preschool program). I can't get a job that would make what it would cost for child care. (I have no friends or relatives within an hours radius of our house to watch them) so I stay at home with them. When my older two go to school this next semester I am going to start some online classes and get the ball rolling on becoming a lactation consultant. We do lots of things to save money! We cloth diaper and I've Breastfed all of my kids. I use cloth napkins, towels, wipes, pads, And TP. I pretty much don't use any disposable items. We also buy all our clothes and most household items at the thrift store or get them off freecycle. I repurpose Items instead of throwing them away, and I sew so some items i make instead of buying if it turns out cheaper that way. I'm a thrifty shopper but we eat real food so that can get kind of pricey, because unfortunately junk food is cheap and real food is expensive! We have been on these things since I got pregnant with my second baby. We are smart, well educated people, and I know we won't need assistance forever. It's just what's happening right now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Putting people down who are less forunate than you what make you feel like a woman, does it help you sleep at night or is it WHAT YOU NEED to feel like better mother? None of these mother did shit to you, so i tend to believe that the above is the reason. Get some help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Small10:

Wow. Ok. Good bye.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Small10:

Yup. Thats me! Thanks i feel sooooo much better now i have you hating me. I do what i have to to feed my family. I work. Hubby is in school and my kIds are taken care of. Get off your damn highhorse and stop TRYING to make other hard working people feel like shit cuz they unfortunely need help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Irresponsible and selfish.

Epitome of the entitled.

Quoting Small10:

He watches my kid while im at work. We cant afford daycare. Thanks tho. Weve looked at our money and talked about ut many times. But we decided him focusing on school full time would be better for us right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs a j.o.b.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im on fs and my youngest gets mediciad. I work as much as i can. That varies on my bosses making the schedule. My husband goes to school full time.

mama-sita
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

And you have a crystal ball that works?

Quoting Anonymous:

You werent smart enough to plan for the what ifs in life and we have to pay for your stupidity and you dont see a problem with that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lactation consultants make a minimum of about 57,000 a year....that coupled with my husbands salary would definitely get us off of PA,....well, well off of PA. I never intended to have a career while my children are young. I believe in staying home with my children and teaching them while they are little. If the economy weren't so rough, my husband would be making a LOT more money. It's just they way it worked out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome. We can pay for you to take classes for a meaningless certification that won't get you off PA!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I guess life isn't ever gonna throw you a curveball *giggles* 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Non of your fucking business. Figure out how much of your tax money goes to social programs, divide that by the number of families receiving assistance in the entire country and you'll have a rough idea. BTW, I work, I volunteer, I am an upstanding well respected member of my community. Shit happens, I needed assistance. I (and most others on PA) are not abusing it, lazy, or moochers. Get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I/we are the government. I dont know how much of our money you are getting. You tell me. How much are you getting in benefits each month?

Quoting Anonymous:

My children wouldn't starve, I might, but not them. You know nothing of my situation and I don't owe you an explanation either. Exactly how much of "your" money do you think I get that it is = to you raising my kids anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell yes I am. If the kid was dependent on only you he/she would starve. You cant feed him. No food=starvation=death.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me getting food stamps = you helping to raise my children. lol....

Quoting Anonymous:

We cant but since we (the people the community the government) must help raise the children we should have a say. If you want to make your own personal decisions you should have to take your own personal responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I think you were irresponsible to have children if I were to examine all your choices. Honestly, it is irresponsible to bring any child into a world that is constantly at war, full of hate. Overpopulated. Polluted, violent, I could go on and on. My poi t is its a "free" country, we can't dictate personal choices to anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I could but you are already here so I thought I'd ask.

As far as why does it matter... Its irresponsible to have children you know you cannot adequately care for without assistance from the government. Its not fair to the child or the community.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do your own op with a poll.

What does this matter anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

How many of you have had children or are planning on having children while on PA?

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is a sexy duck for you. It is a female duck I think, sorry :(

Quoting Sassy762:

None.....I'm retired

I just open to see if you had any sexy picture  of men, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)