Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i left my So and now i cant even get my son

Posted by   + Show Post
Last night was my last straw, he isn't going to Chang. Lately I have been having really bad headaches and they have been really bad since the skull fracture, He came home drunk after work I wad sitting down and he wanted me to get up and get him a beer I told him no ky head hurts he kept yelling at me to go get him one so I finally got up and got it, once I gave it to him he told me I'm nothing but a complaining pregnant bitch and maybe if I didn't complain so much and got off my ass my head wouldn't hurt all the time, I told him maybe if he wouldn't have cracked my skull my head wouldnt hurt. He got mad and we fought, after we got done fighting he tried to force me to drink his beer I tried to push him off which lead to another fight. After I told him I was leaving and taking my son he told me he would call the police and report me child endangerment and they would believe him becuz he is one of them. I told him for get it I am staying, he told me to get out or else he is calling the police, I told him I wasn't leaving without my son so he grab the phone to call police so I left. He called my parents and told them I left my son with him and so they went to pick him up and now I have no where to go my parents won't give my son becuz they think I abandoned him and they are mad becuz i left my SO I have no where to go he has everyone thinking I am the bad one
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (131-137):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

first of all abandonment is not even possible unless you have gone 6 months with no contact with your child, no phone calls no nothing, you need to research your state laws on divorce, seperation so on and so forth, I left my last Dh and i couldn't take the kids with me, the first couple days he tried pulling that shit with me, I had a lawyer by day 3 and then he shut up. He is bullying you, do not allow that, if he's a cop that's no excuse, they follow the same rules as everybody else, he apparently isn't so bright and didn't pay attention when they discussed law during training, this is a law he should know because he is a cop

the following informaiton can be found at findlaw.com

The term "child abandonment" is broadly categorized and used to describe a variety of behaviors. Specific examples of child abandonment vary, but common actions that may lead to child abandonment charges may include:

• Leaving a child with another person without provision for the child's support and without meaningful communication with the child for a period of three months;
  • Making only minimal efforts to support and communicate with a child
  • Failing for a period of at least six months to maintain regular visitation with a child;
  • Failed to participate in a suitable plan or program designed to reunite the parent or guardian with a child;
  • Leaving an infant on a doorstep, in trash cans and dumpsters, and on the side of the road
  • Being absent from the home for a period of time that created a substantial risk of serious harm to a child left in the home
  • Failing to respond to notice of child protective proceedings; or
  • Being unwilling to provide care, support, or supervision for the child
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Your parents have no legal standing to keep your kid.   Just go over there to get him, if they refuse to comply take a lawyer or the police.

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Yes simple go take your son. If you have custody of him not him they can't keep him. It does't matter if your SO is a COP or not the police still have to follow the laws. 

Quoting greeneyes1990:

And does anyone kno how I can get my son back I didn't abandon him

chaslee
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I am glad you got your son back.  Stay strong, this is NOT your fault!

o.0
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I really hope you are not planning, or even thinking, of going back with him.  Your son deserves so much more than that.  Stand up and be strong.  If not for you, then for your children.  They deserve a better life than living with a father that beats the shit out of their mother.

greeneyes1990
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I have my son back already

Quoting KrissyKC:

Your parents have no legal standing to keep your kid.   Just go over there to get him, if they refuse to comply take a lawyer or the police.

greeneyes1990
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not back with him, I'm still at the shelter.

Quoting o.0:

I really hope you are not planning, or even thinking, of going back with him.  Your son deserves so much more than that.  Stand up and be strong.  If not for you, then for your children.  They deserve a better life than living with a father that beats the shit out of their mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)