Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

Couponers? I admit, they used to annoy me. I would think "lady, saving a quarter isn't that big of a deal and not worth it". But lately I've been clipping coupons, sorting them, and checking them against my shipping list for the week. This week I made my menu based on the coupons I had. I had 40 items at checkout, and 39 coupons, saving me $41.25. I spent $25 total. I was pretty proud.

The lady behind me starting huffing and puffing, giving loud sighs, and tells the lady with her "she could of told us so we can get in another line". I immediately felt embarassed, and apologized, even though I know I shouldn't. SHe gives some snarky remark "I wish I was THAT diligent" and mumbles something about not having that much time on her hands.

I admit though, she was surprised when the lady said I saved $41.

So, what do you think when you get behind people with a shit ton of coupons? How do you feel about people who buy 100 boxes of pasta? hahaha. I don't "extreme" coupon, but I wouldn't pass up the chance.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm very jealous....I wish I could extreme coupon but the stores in my area have too many restrictions

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish they had more coupons for stuff I actually would buy. Then I would use more coupons. I've tried doing the matching coupons to sales and everything, but it doesn't work for me, because there aren't enough coupons for things I will buy. Or if there are, it's a coupon for something I buy like, once every three months, and by the time I'm ready to buy that item, the coupon is expired or I've lost it, lol. 

rvb146
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Completely jealous. I'd ooh and ahh if someone was ahead of me with a bunch of coupons. I haven't seen anyone with coupons in front of me at any store. I would coupon but it seems like a lot of work haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

And I don't usually notice what the folks in front of me are doing in the checkout line, I use the time to think about other things I have to do.  We buy very little processed food, so I've not thought about using coupons.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I never see coupons for stuff I buy, and I rarely notice when someone is using coupons or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunangel803
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I'm never able to find coupons for things we use here. If I could, I would love doing it and saving money. It doesn't bother me to be in line behind someone with coupons.
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I think more power to them. I don't have the patience... and the coupon rules in our area suck :(. I try to avoid being behind those people in the checkout line though

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I have coupons for chicken breasts, breakfast sausage, cuties clementines, frozen veggies, apple sauce etc. The only processed foods I buy for the kids is cereal. DH eats a lot of crap though. And of course I bought coffee and a shit ton of creamer. I was able to get my liquid creamer for a fifty cents. Then I bought a bunch of deoderant for DH to take to afghanistan and personal care items I rarely spend more than 50 cents on anymore. And I never pay for toothpaste anymore either. lol. plus getting tide laundry detergent for $2 etc. Its worth it. I bought some downy liquid fabric softener for 80 cents today.

Quoting ElleLuvsOrchids:

And I don't usually notice what the folks in front of me are doing in the checkout line, I use the time to think about other things I have to do.  We buy very little processed food, so I've not thought about using coupons.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I tend to be pretty patient at stores so coupons don't bother me. But I do know a girl who posts pictures of her pantry filled with like 12 of the same item. And I'm just like, I'd rather spend a little extra to get more options than have a thousand of the same thing.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Normal couponing is a great idea. Extreme couponers are nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)