Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update! My 2 year old is SCREAMING ~~~ I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PARENTS DO THE CRY IT OUT METHOD!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

I'm trying to wean him off my boob and his daddy is trying to put him in bed  (yes it is late, but it is our week night tonight, hubby works different hours).  

Usually he'd be asleep by now, but he just wont go to sleep and he is screaming! 

I don't want to cave in, but OMG it's soo bad.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PARENTS DO THE CRY IT OUT METHOD!?  I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!   Thankfully I'm not in there with them!

PS.  Now after 10 minutes of screaming and crying, he is starting to calm down, but he keeps calling my name :'( I want to cry!

Update # 1: DS was fighting DH with laying down, and he screamed and threw the sippy cup of water off the bed, so I came into the room and I kept singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to him, and we made him keep putting his head down, and he pushed DH's head away but accidentally poked DH in his eye, so I started to snicker and DS started to giggle, and DH started to snicker, and then DS got droopy eyes and was still smiling at me and fell asleep looking at me (this all happened in about 5 seconds!)  < Then I teared up because it was soo bittersweet, he still needed me to help put him to sleep.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM

i spoke too soon, he's screaming again.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

At 2 its not cio method. Its waiting for a tantrum to end. 

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Its not easy but it will get better! Promise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I don't get it. 

Quoting rosemagic01:

At 2 its not cio method. Its waiting for a tantrum to end. 

audreesmama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM
4 moms liked this
No way...I have never and would never do CIO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thank you.  :( He keeps saying MOMMA! MOMMA!  NO DADDY! MOMMA!  

He knows daddy doesn't have breastmilk, lol.

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Its not easy but it will get better! Promise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM

How old is your baby and how do you get them to sleep at night?

Quoting audreesmama:

No way...I have never and would never do CIO.

Presley77
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Im sorry I can sorta imagine how hard this is. My 5 moth old wants only me after 7pm and she SCREAMS until I am done eating and lay down with her. Its tough because hubby and I get home at about 6:30 earliest and we dont have much time for me to eat and be ready to go to bed :/ Once she is asleep I cant leave her long or she knows Im gone and cries :(

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

CIO is usually for babies to sleep train them. Not usuallyt 2 year olds. And honestly it doesn't work for everyone. If he's usually asleep by now then he's probably just haivng a bad night and needs extra loving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I don't think it gets easier!

Quoting Presley77:

Im sorry I can sorta imagine how hard this is. My 5 moth old wants only me after 7pm and she SCREAMS until I am done eating and lay down with her. Its tough because hubby and I get home at about 6:30 earliest and we dont have much time for me to eat and be ready to go to bed :/ Once she is asleep I cant leave her long or she knows Im gone and cries :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)