Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is It Just Me Or...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 70 Replies

Does everyone on Cafemom have in-law problems? I feel like I see so many posts with women complaining about their in-laws and finally make their husbands choose between them and their in-laws. Do this many women really have problems with their in-laws or is that the trendy thing on Cafemom?

My in-laws live in Chicago-2,000 miles away from our home in Seattle. I've only met them a handful of times,but they seem like lovely people. And even if I had problems with them,I would never force my husband to choose between his family and myself and our son...I don't know.. it just doesn't seem like very good karma to me.I also feel like forcing your husband to choose between his family and you would result in some serious marriage problems later on.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Nope I like my in laws. I don't agree with my sister in laws choices but we are still friends. I feel like I could tell them anything. My mother and father in law are great too. I actually refer to them as mom and dad unless I need to make it clear weather I'm talking about them or my own parents!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

My 'in-laws' are actually DH's grandparents. They raised him from the time he was 10.. They live across the street. We used to get along great, but lately his grandma has bugged the crap out of me. I actually haven't talked to her in well over a month and don't plan on it. Even if things got super bad though, I couldn't imagine making DH pick between me or his family. He can have a relationship with them without me being involved.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I would think that all the complaints are from people who have issues they are dealing with, with their inlaws, and you don't hear about all the inlaw love, because there isn't much to say.  They love them, they are awesome, end of story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I'm lucky I love mine.They may get on my nerves occasionally but we are family.Now my hubby has a crazy mil!lol
audreesmama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM
No way, I love my MIL. We disagree at times, but we are respectful. I love her and she is an incredible woman.
mlsc85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I love my in-laws!
One-n-Counting
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM

It's complicated? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Love my in-laws. They can be a bit overbearing, but mostly they are great.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I adore my in laws. Happy people don't find the need to post about it. It is the angry people who need to vent.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I like mine. Well technically we're not married yet but they'll be my in laws next year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)