Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel if your 8 year old daughter told you this??? Edited....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I have very low self confidence and I have always thought I was ugly (not horrible but enough) My 8 year old daughter told me today she didn't want to upset me when I ask if they thought I was pretty and I told her it wouldn't. She then told me she did think I was ugly but not ashamed of me. When she left the room I cried so hard it hurt me so bad. I feel like my heart has been torn. I thought all kids thought there moms were beautiful no matter what I always did. What do you think???

****My daughter and I were talking about something that brought it up. I DID NOT GO TO HER FOR CONFIDENCE!!!  I don't think I fucked my daughter up. I value her opinion on things and  I NEVER LET HER KNOW IT HURT MY FEELNGS OR SEE ME CRY. I will not spank her for her opinion. I love my daughter with all my heart no matter what*****

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM
2 moms liked this
That kid needs an ass whoopin.
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Wow... I am so sorry, momma! (( hugs ))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM
My little siblings (brothers 5&6 sister 5) and my kids (dd5 and ds3) all tell me im pretty and I know Im not I always thought my mom was pretty still do actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this

She loves you for who you are. She has so much trust in that love that she told you how she felt. I am SO sorry that it hurt you and I wish things were different. But cherish your daughter's love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM
4 moms liked this
First of all, I would never put my girls in that position especially if you already think you are. And second of all she is 8, I would never take to heart what an 8 year old says!
audreesmama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM
5 moms liked this
Kids are brutally honest. She loves you no matter how you look. You need to build up your self esteem within yourself and not make a child responsible for that. That's unfair to her.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this

She probably feels that way because she knows you feel that way about yourself.

Team.macabre
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait, you actually ask your kids if you are pretty? Did I read that correctly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Why would you do that to her? Way to fuck up a kid!

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
She prolly didn't mean it. My son told me He hated his daddy... he is 3. I know he didn't mean it.

You can never find your own mommy to be ugly. My momma has fake teeth (thanks to a bad car accident messing them all up) and when she takes them out its a different face than i am use to but she is still beautiful in my eyes <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)