Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
At what age is co-sleeping.considered a bad thing?

My 2 yr old dd co-sleeps with me. I'm a single mom, queen bed. She has her own room and we have a guest room. But since last July 4th she started sleeping with me (the loud fireworks scared her a bit) and she pretty much has slept with me since. I have never squashed her.. more so she sleeps on me lol.

It feels pretty natural to me. So what's the big deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I have been doing it for 34 years...
I usually put them in their own bed by 2 years old BUT anyone can come sleep with me anytime they want. I have a  king size bed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Puberty.
unspecified42
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I'm currently next to my 8 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Eh when either party is uncomfortable. Dd loved sleeping alone at a year, and ds loved his own bed at 4 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a family bed (2 queens together) and both of our kids (1.5 & 4) sleep with us. It works for everyone right now. As long as everyone's happy with the situation it's a non issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I Co slepted with my daughter until she was 2. She went in her own room on her own. But I kept her close to me because I was a single mom and didn't have her father with me (he died when I was pregnant) so my emotional attachment was really into play with her. Now she is 5...

My son is 9 months and occasionally he will fall asleep with me. Even with SO in bed. But SO is a heavy sleeper (doesn't roll just don't wake up to noises) so if I have to get up in the middle of the night for my son I just bring him in our room and he falls asleep on my.chest. they are only little for so long
iamfree
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM

no big deal for me. My 7 month old sleeps in her own crib, but when ever she takes a nap with me on my bed and I sleep too, she sleeps longer and seems to be a deeper more restful sleep... it seems so natural to sleep next to her. at night I am afraid she would roll off my bed so she stays in her crib over nights..

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
In the US it's common to focus on independent sleeping, but in other societies cosleeping is the norm. Both can lead to healthy well-adjusted families, so do what feels right. Some people have difficulty cosleeping while for others (like me!) it's the only way to get everyone to sleep.
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I cosleep until they start pushing me out of the bed, lol.
Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Personally co sleeping isn't right for us, but as long as it's what's best for your family, then go for it. A good time to stop would probably be before they hit middle school age! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)