Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
At what age is co-sleeping.considered a bad thing?

My 2 yr old dd co-sleeps with me. I'm a single mom, queen bed. She has her own room and we have a guest room. But since last July 4th she started sleeping with me (the loud fireworks scared her a bit) and she pretty much has slept with me since. I have never squashed her.. more so she sleeps on me lol.

It feels pretty natural to me. So what's the big deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Replies (41-44):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Don't understand, are you saying that since she's a single mom it is sexual abuse?  That's kind of twisted.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Do you want your teenager to share a bed with you? My kids co-slept for awhile, I think its more for two parent households.. We live in an age about sexual abuse ( more done by fathers) and whats appropriate.. I think 8 should be the cut off.

ChloeDolce1
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
To each their own. I don't co sleep. I don't believe in it. Both my kids were in their own rooms by 2 months. They sleep better, we sleep better and we need time alone together too. This is what works for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM

there is a reason it feels natural...bc it is. Land mammals sleep w their young; it is instinctive.

(kinda interesting to me...baby dolphins don't sleep)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Eh our three year old still sleeps with us most nights. He was in his own bed then he got sick and well now we have to start all over. I think it is really up to you. I remember crawling in bed with my mom on saturday mornings when I was like 12. Granted that's not really "co-sleeping" but we were comfortable so it didn't matter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN