Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I ate my dog and will do it again..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't want to give myself away, but let's just say that I'm of Asian descent.

We had a labrador for six years.  She had seizures since she was a puppy.  We had to give her daily medicine for them.  The day finally came-our beloved girl passed away.  I was 12.  My mother and father insisted we cook her instead of burying her, and that it isn't evil to eat an animal you love-she would have wanted us to eat her instead of burying her to rot.

My mother prepared a wonderful dish, very similar in taste to mongolian beef.  It was a very beautiful experience-very ritualistic.  I think of that meal very fondly- it was our funeral to her.

God forbid this happens anytime soon, but when my Zeke(my beautiful Pomeranian prince) passes, we will do the same with him.  

That's my confession-bash if you wish, but this is part of my culture and I'm not ashamed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Replies (71-80):
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think we're in Vietnam anymore, Toto. Buuuut... Too bad! I'm going to eat you anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Im fascinated yet disgusted.... Interesting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Um. Ew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I have a good friend who did a one-year teaching internship in China.  She was in the market and saw a vendor with a litter of really cute puppies.  She decided to get one, played with the litter and then told the vendor which one she wanted.  He wrung the puppy's neck and handed it to her because he assumed she wanted it for dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:56 AM
My so and i have always said instead of putting animals down and wasting the meat, we could feed people. No one should ever go hungry. We just have an attachmemt to certian species. I say you go girl.
mai_sindi
by Danai on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I don't think you should eat anything that just died on its own. You could get sick. But otherwise, if it made you feel better, good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Ok culture is one thing but how could you eat your pet? My grandfather raised a pet chicken in the house and one day cooked it and my dad refused to eat it. He eats chicken but the thought of eating his own pet was too much too handle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Troll
boldrumble
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:06 AM
I have the opinion that meat is meat...as long as it isnt human. i havent eaten dog, but would in a country where it is socially acceptable, if they fed it to me. That said....why would you eat a sick animal....a medicated one? Doesnt seem like it wiuld be a wise choice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Gross is all I can say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)