Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I ate my dog and will do it again..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't want to give myself away, but let's just say that I'm of Asian descent.

We had a labrador for six years.  She had seizures since she was a puppy.  We had to give her daily medicine for them.  The day finally came-our beloved girl passed away.  I was 12.  My mother and father insisted we cook her instead of burying her, and that it isn't evil to eat an animal you love-she would have wanted us to eat her instead of burying her to rot.

My mother prepared a wonderful dish, very similar in taste to mongolian beef.  It was a very beautiful experience-very ritualistic.  I think of that meal very fondly- it was our funeral to her.

God forbid this happens anytime soon, but when my Zeke(my beautiful Pomeranian prince) passes, we will do the same with him.  

That's my confession-bash if you wish, but this is part of my culture and I'm not ashamed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Do you eat any meat?

Quoting Anonymous:

I love animals and I'm truly appalled and offended by your post. Please take it down before people begin to report you.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM
11 moms liked this

idk why its that big of a deal...obviously unconventional in america, but not so in other countries.

dogs are animals...we eat cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, turkey, deer, frogs, sharks, fish, horse, rabbit, squirrel...we drink the bodily fluids of goats, cows...its not like you killed her.

although, i wouldnt want to eat something that was sick and on meds.

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Probably not a good idea to eat anything that has been on seizure medication. Like me for instance, I'm fucking toxic. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My Asian neighbor jokingly told me they ate my missing cat.... maybe they weren't joking afterall o_0

Buncha nasties!
funmommy123
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
What kind of asian?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:49 AM

We researched the medicine and it wasn't harmful.  It didn't affect the taste, but like I said my mother is a chef so she can make anything taste amazing.

Quoting dmarie2101:

idk why its that big of a deal...obviously unconventional in america, but not so in other countries.

dogs are animals...we eat cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, turkey, deer, frogs, sharks, fish, horse, rabbit, squirrel...we drink the bodily fluids of goats, cows...its not like you killed her.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:49 AM
10 moms liked this

report her for what? its no different than me posting i had a hamburger for dinner (which i did...with bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos). the dog was dead, she didnt kill it. and in the end, we're all just meat.

like carl says in the walking dead--everything is food for something else.

besides, just bc its not common in america doesnt mean its wrong. the world is bigger than these 50 states, you know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love animals and I'm truly appalled and offended by your post. Please take it down before people begin to report you.

mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM
What the fuck??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM

No. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you eat any meat?

Quoting Anonymous:

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:51 AM
2 moms liked this

well then have at it.

its funny you said mongolian beef...when dh and his ex were still married, he got chinese, and she had mongolian beef. he jokingly told her it was poodle, and she believed him and puked. lol. personally i ♥ mongolian beef, so if i ever had any that WAS poodle, it was done right.

Quoting Anonymous:

We researched the medicine and it wasn't harmful.  It didn't affect the taste, but like I said my mother is a chef so she can make anything taste amazing.

Quoting dmarie2101:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)