Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ate my dog and will do it again..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't want to give myself away, but let's just say that I'm of Asian descent.

We had a labrador for six years.  She had seizures since she was a puppy.  We had to give her daily medicine for them.  The day finally came-our beloved girl passed away.  I was 12.  My mother and father insisted we cook her instead of burying her, and that it isn't evil to eat an animal you love-she would have wanted us to eat her instead of burying her to rot.

My mother prepared a wonderful dish, very similar in taste to mongolian beef.  It was a very beautiful experience-very ritualistic.  I think of that meal very fondly- it was our funeral to her.

God forbid this happens anytime soon, but when my Zeke(my beautiful Pomeranian prince) passes, we will do the same with him.  

That's my confession-bash if you wish, but this is part of my culture and I'm not ashamed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
funmommy123
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Not all asians eat dogs/cats. I told my neighbor I ate his missing cat when I was 14. He would always throw stufff at our door for whatever reason. After I told him that, he never messed with us again lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

My Asian neighbor jokingly told me they ate my missing cat.... maybe they weren't joking afterall o_0

Buncha nasties!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Its not the eating dog thing that grosses me out. Its the sick animal issue. Gross
ochoa.mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Could never think about doing that .. my mom told me that she had a pet rooster about her parents cooked up
teal_phoenix
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I love animals and I'm truly appalled and offended by your post. Please take it down before people begin to report you.

It's not report worthy.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Thats just sick...now I will never eat Mongolian beef again...and it was one of my favorites until reading this.

lovemymd
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Pls tell me u r just kidding! What type of Asian are u? I am also Asian. Eating dog is not Asian culture ! Next time speak for yourself only!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

No. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you eat any meat?

Quoting Anonymous:

I love animals and I'm truly appalled and offended by your post. Please take it down before people begin to report you.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM

you don't have an issue with eating diseased meat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM

If my coworker read this, she would be livid and report her. It is unconventional, but just the fact OP is associating love with an act like this, it's sickening. IMO. It's too Hannibal Lector for me.  To each is own, I'm just warning Op what may happen

Quoting dmarie2101:

report her for what? its no different than me posting i had a hamburger for dinner (which i did...with bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos). the dog was dead, she didnt kill it. and in the end, we're all just meat.

like carl says in the walking dead--everything is food for something else.

besides, just bc its not common in america doesnt mean its wrong. the world is bigger than these 50 states, you know.

Quoting Anonymous:

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I couldn't do it, but whatever your religion or lifestle dictates.  I'll just watch.  O.O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured