Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I ate my dog and will do it again..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't want to give myself away, but let's just say that I'm of Asian descent.

We had a labrador for six years.  She had seizures since she was a puppy.  We had to give her daily medicine for them.  The day finally came-our beloved girl passed away.  I was 12.  My mother and father insisted we cook her instead of burying her, and that it isn't evil to eat an animal you love-she would have wanted us to eat her instead of burying her to rot.

My mother prepared a wonderful dish, very similar in taste to mongolian beef.  It was a very beautiful experience-very ritualistic.  I think of that meal very fondly- it was our funeral to her.

God forbid this happens anytime soon, but when my Zeke(my beautiful Pomeranian prince) passes, we will do the same with him.  

That's my confession-bash if you wish, but this is part of my culture and I'm not ashamed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:56 AM

throwing up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Ewwww!!! 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Honestly that was my first thought

Quoting babybelly25:

Wouldn't a healthy dog taste better??

Oh man, what a terrible thing to say! But it's true though right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I'm a terrible person.   I LMAO at this.

Quoting funmommy123:

Not all asians eat dogs/cats. I told my neighbor I ate his missing cat when I was 14. He would always throw stufff at our door for whatever reason. After I told him that, he never messed with us again lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

My Asian neighbor jokingly told me they ate my missing cat.... maybe they weren't joking afterall o_0

Buncha nasties!

tharealty2
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

different cultures eat different animals and I don't have an issue with that - but to me it seems wrong to eat a pet.  However, I don't really care either way - as long as respect for the animal is part of the equation.  I recently saw some videos of vendors in some Asian place,. not sure where - think it was China,. and they had live aquatic animals sealed in these keychains - I think thats incredibly cruel and ridiculous

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Vietnamese.

Quoting funmommy123:

What kind of asian?

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Oh gross.  Just....gross.  No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Wouldn't the meat be filled with the daily meds you gave her?
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM

It's illegal in 44 states to eat dog meat...food for thought...I googled it out f curiosity. It s also considered child neglect to feed a minor a non-legal food item. So, because federal law prohibits the sale and purchase of dog meat, as it is not considered a legal food, you can also be charged with child neglect. And other associated crimes if your child becomes ill.

l that being said, my husband ate dog while overseas. He was invited into the home of someone he was training for dinner and that was the meat they had available.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I used to eat meat, I work in several animal shelters and a zoo. I'm studying to become a vet. I don't go around bashing meat eaters. I can sit at a table with people eatting meat. Doesn't apply to me, but yes, my friend and co-workers would bash you for this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you eat any meat?

Quoting Anonymous:

I love animals and I'm truly appalled and offended by your post. Please take it down before people begin to report you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)