Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

new twist in the gun debate. ETA, ETA link to gun myths vs facts

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
Would you approve making it that guns could only be sold if the poseses biotechnology that allows only the owner to fire the gun? This technology does exist BTW...

**I m tired of replying the same thing. You can STILL use the gun you share with your DH. They won't be incinerating guns that don't have this technology, or requiring a retrofit. It would only apply to new purchases.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/pro-gun-myths-fact-check
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
No; only because my husband and I shoot each other's guns all the time and when our daughter is old enough she will learn and shoot ours as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Yeah, no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
But you each obviously have your own guns, and the law wouldn't apply to guns previously owned, only new purchases. It has the potential to save MANY life es, especially children, with little affect on gun owners.

Quoting kellysparkles:

No; only because my husband and I shoot each other's guns all the time and when our daughter is old enough she will learn and shoot ours as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Why?

Quoting Johariz:

Yeah, no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

maxswolfsuit
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this

If it didn't make the guns more expensive and a gun could have more than one approved user I think it would be a great idea. 

But realistically it's not very practical. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
You read the statistics about how often peoples own guns are used against them during a mugging or break in, this could END that, making hand guns as effective for protection as gun advocates want us to believe they are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
7 moms liked this

No...the right to bear arms is not to be infringed on. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
seat belts and air bags made cars more expensive they also made the ultimatly much more safer and nobody protested the added expense. Why should guns be so cheap anyway?

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

If it didn't make the guns more expensive and a gun could have more than one approved user I think it would be a great idea. 

But realistically it's not very practical. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We share them, though. For example one of my guns is the right caliber for a pistol league that my husband is joining so come summer time he'll be using it more than me, but I bought it. Proper training, knowledge, and safety measures will also save many lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

But you each obviously have your own guns, and the law wouldn't apply to guns previously owned, only new purchases. It has the potential to save MANY life es, especially children, with little affect on gun owners.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN