Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't kids win in t-ball anymore?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 94 Replies
My cousins kid darts t-ball this year. He's super excited I am to his practice with him. And they dot even keep score anymore? What the heck! So were teaching kids that they never lose now? Why can't the kids who do better be recognized for it? And what's so wrong with losing? Are we setting these kids up to think they are always going to be successful? Or that they can just coast by? Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Welcome to the pussification of America!!  friggin scary isn't it?

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I think it's basically setting them up for disappointment. Kids need to know they will fail, but they also new to know that it's ok to fail. And that there is always something else out there.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not that big of a deal ... it's t-ball ... getting them baseball ready! my son did 2 years of t-ball and now on his 3rd year of baseball ... it did NOT scar him to not have a score!
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Its been going on for awhile.  trophies just for participating...schools wanting to do away with grades......the minority rules the majority......competition is seen as a bad thing.  These are some of the reasons our country is so lagging behind others. 

Quoting kmorales7690:

I think it's basically setting them up for disappointment. Kids need to know they will fail, but they also new to know that it's ok to fail. And that there is always something else out there.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

keriley1
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Its the same thing as not handing out birthday party invitations at school, everyone gets one or none. You don't want to hurt any one's feelings! Life is ALWAYS fair and our kids should learn that from the beginning. *obviously sarcasm!*

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this
It's starting off on the wrong foot in my opinion. It seems like they are so focused making kids not feel left out that they aren't rewarding the kids that do well. At my moms school they can't even give out special awards to honors students so that the other children don't feel left out. In life you get left out.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not that big of a deal ... it's t-ball ... getting them baseball ready! my son did 2 years of t-ball and now on his 3rd year of baseball ... it did NOT scar him to not have a score!
CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My son is 6u and hey don't keep score either. My understanding they won't until 12u. Crazy 

nicole4ray
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Because it will hurt somebodies feelings, and we wouldn't want that now would we? (say this in a sarcastic tone please lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It annoys the hell out of me.  My 4 year old is playing Tball and they don't keep score, there's no outs and the inning isn't over until everyone hit.  It's more of a learning season, but they have to learn how to lose too.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM
i dont think its that big of a deal in t-ball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)