Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God gave no one free will.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 308 Replies
25 moms liked this

I am so tired of hearing how God was so benevolent and gave everyone free will to do as they pleased. 

Telling someone that they can choose whatever they want but if they choose the wrong thing they will spend eternity in hell is not giving free will. 

Imagine if I said this to my child: You can do as you please, but if you don't accept me and treat me as the ultimate authority for the rest of your life I will burn you with a cigarette for each offense. 

That is not giving my child free will, and it is abusive. The Christian God has given no one free will and he is coercive,abusive, and hateful. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM
7 moms liked this

I agree. That is one of the reasons I do not worship him. I do not consider him a deity of good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
16 moms liked this

If you don't believe He gave anyone free will then why does it bother you if others do believe that?

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I believe he gave me a choice between what is right and wrong to me. We all have morals,values. I think he wants to see if we will follow our conscience, follow what is right. I am not really religious and do not consider myself a Christian, hell you should have seen some of the looks I got when I used to practice Wicca and worship God at the same time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
10 moms liked this

You may not burn your kid with a cigarette, but I am sure you punish them when they dont make good decisions/choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
6 moms liked this
Uh. You have the free will to kill someone but you will get put in jail and possibly killed yourself. Soooo... Yeah. You get punished for doing what is wrong. Derp d-derp derp.
LADYxGHOST
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM
18 moms liked this

Just to clarify the "Hell" many refer to was never mentioned in the actual Bible. It came about from fire and brimstone preaching. Never based in the Bible.

We have the free will to follow Him or not. If we follow Him we join Him after death and Armagedon. If we choose not to follow Him, after Armagedon, we just disapear. The hell that is mentioned by many preachers is nto supported by the Bible AT ALL. In fact neither is the heaven they preach about.

If I told my child to live in my house you must abide by my rules and then said you can never leave my house, that would be mean. If I said you can leave and only come back when you decide you want to try an live by my rules, then what is wrong with that?

Pleas recall the Bible states that you can not buy your way into heaven, acts do not get you there, given the line of logic, it would be fair to say that they can not get oyu out of heaven either. it is the heart that gets you there or not. It is truly 1 thing "I have given my only begotten son and for any who shall believe onto Him shall have everlating life and not perish" these rules to follow? they are not required at all. But as you get closer to Christ and God your heart aliens with those rules and desires not do do those things. Faith in God, Faith in Christ, that is all you need to get into heaven. The works produced by thta faith are just works and are not an entry slip. There are many good people that will not make it becasue they never accepted God or Christ. There are many seemingly bad people that will because through the struggles they have accepted Christ adn God and try (and fail) to follow Him. But their hearts are ernest and that is really all God wants. Earnest seeking of Him. Not perfect following or mistake free.

It is the modern day pharasees that trist God to the image you discribed. And they will all have to account for thier perversion of the word and will of God. he isn't as difficult to please and follow as people make Him out to be. He requires you to do nothing but "come as you are" if you do with a true seeking heart, not even a loving heart, just one seeking Him, He will meet you where you are and move forward with you. We live in a time where relgion no longer reflects God. They are not the same thing anymore. I am saddened to see od taken away from so many becasue of these eledged followers and ministers of His Word twist it to suit there liking and image of God. We where made in His image, He was not made in ours. I hope that you are able to find God through all the mess of religion. I am so sorry for all the pharasese in you life that taught and showed you the wrong face of God.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I see both sides in this.

Quoting Anonymous:

You may not burn your kid with a cigarette, but I am sure you punish them when they dont make good decisions/choices.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a game, he likes to watch... Like Mario bros.. :)

sick bastard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN