Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If my DH pays you child support, he doesn' have to do anything for YOUR children!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

Ok not really! But cm moms can you please help me? I am doing a sociology project for school on the positives and negatives of child support. I want to know if any women on here have experienced this: If you are a single mom and your ex pays child support-does he willingly spend time with his children? And also, for those moms who have visitation orders, does your ex use the visitation time? Does your ex feel like as long as he pays that is good enough? Or does your ex just not pay at all? Also for the single mothers who DON'T have a court-ordered child- in your ex involved in your child's life? Anyone can answer-if your dh has a child from an ex please answer too. I would really, really, really x 1,000,000 appreciate any feedback.

*******sorry for the title but you know we all like drama :-p **********

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

BUMP

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM

doesn't apply to me so bump

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I'm no help. DH and I are still together, so here's a bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Dh used to be NCP, paid his CS and took every second of visitation the CO allowed.  He asked for more time and was always told no.  He now has custody and BM would not pay CS without a CO.  She takes all visitation with SS12 and maybe an hour a week with SS15.  She's already cancelled for tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I am not a single mom anymore as I have remarried, but my ex has paid child support for the past 13 years for our son. He has always seen him regularly as well and they have taken vacations together. My BFF receives substantial child support from her ex and her son spends 2 two week intervals throughout the school year, and 6 weeks in the summer with his father.

The only friend I know that has an exes who do not visit their children does not receive regular child support from either of the children's fathers. One is better about seeing his child than the other though, but I wouldn't call it a "regular" thing. Her son's father hasn't seen or spoken to him in 9 years.

PiscesMommy021
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
My ex husband pays child support, it is court ordered and garnished from his paychecks. He never gets our kids for his visitation and he refuses to do anything extra because he pays child support. I don't ask him to do anything extra but my dd5 and ds4 usually ask him to buy them more toys if he calls to talk to them, which is also rare. I used to try to force him to spend time with our kids but I gave up. I realized it is up to him and I can't make him do anything
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex pays child support, and spends as much time as possible with our daughter (neither is court ordered).
seksen
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
My ex pays child support but has taken it to court twice to have it either canceled or lowered ( he pays 200 a month) but he cancels a lot of his visitation with my son and thinks since he pays child support I should have to pay him for food when my son is at his house and buy him cough syrup or stuff like that since he pays support.. Yeah its a mess lol
Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

You do realize not just men pay child support, right?

Just curious.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Never been in this situation..

But here's a bump! Hope you get what you need!

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN