Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have an Industrial get in here!!!! Update! It had to be TAKEN OUT!! Pic pg. 7

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 64 Replies

I had my Industrial redone on Saturday afternoon (also got my first tattoo that you can see!!!) and it is still bleeding. It hurt WAAAAY more than the tattoo and a lot more than when I had it done the first time a few years ago.. The bar isnt long enough to slide back and forth either so I havent been able to move it at all. Is this normal? I know it takes a few months minimum to heal but should it bleed like this???
He told me to use salt water 2x a day for 3 days and then just use regular dial soap.. (It is a very well known shop too)

Update: So it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had my industrial and tattoo done. Today I went to clean the industrial and the swelling was finally down enough for me to look under the bar. Well my ear was cut open under the bar!!! I called the place and since I live over an hour away from them they said to go to my local shop to have the bar taken out and bent away from my ear, easy solution. I get to my shop down the road and she first of all said the bar he put in was WAY to short (I knew that already). Then she got a longer bar and bent it 4 times and kept trying to put it back in but with the way it was placed she couldnt bend the bar far enough to get it off my ear! She called her husband over (shop owner) and he looked at it and said "What the fuck?! This is all completely wrong! Your original bar is much too short, the top of the piercing is way too close to your head and the bottom piercing is too low! We cant save this. We can put this bent bar in but it will leave a permanent indent in your ear vecause of how the piercing is placed. I cannot believe this shop did this to you! Your ear shouldnt even still be swollen!" I was visibly upset because this was the one thing I have done for myself in years and really wanted this. All of a sudden he says "Fuck it! Hunny, pierce her other ear for free! Show her how its SUPPOSE to be done!" and they pierced it for FREE!!!!!!! They werent even the one's who fucked up in the first place and they gave me a brand new piercing!!!! :-D
I put a guaged hoop through the bottom hole of the botched industrial piercing... Figured I might as well try and save it!!
Pic page 7! (I can also post a picture of the one done wrong if anyone wants to see it but its a little blurry)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I don't remember having bleeding with mine. I got it almost 9 years ago.
redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't use straight soap that early. I will dry it out.
Rainesmommy23
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine didn't bleed but it took a good 6 months to heal completely. It was swollen for awhile though. Maybe that's why yours won't slide right now??
bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

:-\
bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I just posted a 2nd picture.. The bar isnt long enough at all.. I'm worried this will pose problems with it healing :-\

Quoting Rainesmommy23:

Mine didn't bleed but it took a good 6 months to heal completely. It was swollen for awhile though. Maybe that's why yours won't slide right now??

bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yea I learned to not listen to people who told me to use alcohol on my first one!!!
What else should I use? Just keep doing salt water?

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

You shouldn't use straight soap that early. I will dry it out.

proudmommaof6bo
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the place where you got it done and ask them. Mine didn't bleed like that.
bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Yea I thought about that but I drove over an hour to get to the shop because they are the best artists (only planned on getting the tattoo) so its not like I can go back in for them to look at it or,God forbid, change the bar...
I should call though... I will tomorrow..

Quoting proudmommaof6bo:

Call the place where you got it done and ask them. Mine didn't bleed like that.

singlemama0905
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
antibacterial soap is actually recommended more than anything else usually. I. get my stuff done at an extremely reputable shop, one of the best, the guys have been published and done tours with conventions and all that. I just got mine done like 6 weeks ago, didn't bleed at all.. do you sleep on that side? bumped it on anything? I only cleaned it a few times a day, always in the shower after cleaning my hair and rinsing everything, get all shampoo or conditioner that mighta ended up on it. dont use a towel to dry, blot with a papertowel if anything. avoid any and all irritation you can.
Rainesmommy23
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
That does look really tight. I would call the place you got it done. Maybe they have a longer one. That looks really painful. I'm sorry :(

Quoting bear.katten:

I just posted a 2nd picture.. The bar isnt long enough at all.. I'm worried this will pose problems with it healing :-\

Quoting Rainesmommy23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)