Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for christian mommas *plz no debate*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I was just curious and I might be wrong (Its been a few year since I have actually attend church). 

I just finished watching 'The Passion of The Christ' and bawled through them beating him and laughing at him and all that mean awful stuff to him. But whatever happened to the men that beat him and hung him on the cross? Were they forgiven? He stated in the movie while he was dying on the cross "Please Father forgive them they know not what they are doing" So does that mean they were accepted into heaven? Did they live long happy lifes after his death?

And please this is not a debate, I am mearly asking a question!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I assume they were forgiven.

*I personally believe most people will go to heaven as long as they are good people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM

But they killed him, and beat him. He was just trying to help people and they shouwed no mercy on him and just laughed as he died :(

Quoting mem82:

*I personally believe most people will go to heaven as long as they are good people.

casah4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM
7 moms liked this

Well, I mean, nobody knows for sure since we're not in Heaven. My opinion is if they came to believe that Jesus was the Lord and Savior and they accepted Him, then yes.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM

It wasn't explained in the Bible so I do not know.  Forgiveness, btw - doesn't earn you a spot in Heaven.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I actually don't know. :S
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, he forgives them but they have to accept and come to know Jesus (have a personal relationship with him) before they can go to heaven.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Everyone does bad things. *shrug* His own disciples put him on the cross and then denied him. They all go to heaven.

Quoting Anonymous:

But they killed him, and beat him. He was just trying to help people and they shouwed no mercy on him and just laughed as he died :(

Quoting mem82:

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I think when Jesus died they realized Who he was, maybe they did repent, as for what happened to them I have no idea. I would imagine they went to heaven.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It says nothing about them laughing as he died. There is reference to one centurian who acknowleged Jesus as the son of God, but it doesn't say anything about where any of them ended up. They each had their own path and their own judgement. It would vary as much as any other group of people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mem82:

RoseBlossom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

if they asked for forgiveness, then they would be forgiven. however no one knows if they went off in their life and had a personl relationship with Jesus or let Him into their hearts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN