Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

security/comfort item for baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
I have a 6.5 week old. Sometimes when she is upset she acts like she wants something that is missing like security item. When me and my sister were baby's/toddlers we had security items. Mine was receiving blankets, it didn't matter which one but I had to have a receiving blanket. My sister's was a hand towel, again it didn't matter which one but she had to have one. I don't really remember the comforting feeling but seeing how my sister was with her towel makes me want my daughter to have an item. When my sister had her towel she was so happy and content.

How can I get my daughter attached to a comforting item.

She did have a wubba-nub (a pacifier with a small stuffed animal attached) which she likes but it doesn't always soothe her. It did most of the time but sometimes she is so upset she pushes it out her way. Students when she sucking on it she will hold its legs or arms.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Not sure...my babies used me as their comfort 'item'.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When she is super content, introduce an item to her. After a while, she will associate it with being relaxed and happy and will be comforted by it's presence.

sadiebug1228
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
My son has a silky blanket that he still carries everywhere he's 4 and my daughter has her paci which she throws a fit if she doesn't have she's 15 months (developmentally delayed and is tiny she looks and acts like a 6 month old)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Is this your first? 

It doesn't matter, just asking.  My oldest never had a comfort item.  My younget it is her thumb.  That was a natural habit though.

Nicole1357
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM

IDk, my kid's kinda just picked it themselves. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM

My kids loved being nursed a lot.  Food, comfort, tired,etc.  We are not big on artificial things though.  My oldest has a blue dog that he naturally took up though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Good idea!! Thank you!

I'm not sure what I should offer her.
A stuffed animal, blanket, towel (like my sister) taggie blanket.

Quoting Anonymous:

When she is super content, introduce an item to her. After a while, she will associate it with being relaxed and happy and will be comforted by it's presence.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I don't know. So far all three of my kids did not use a comfort item.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
This is my first.

She is still working on finding that thumb, she is ohhh sooo close lol

Quoting kngarber:

Is this your first? 

It doesn't matter, just asking.  My oldest never had a comfort item.  My younget it is her thumb.  That was a natural habit though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I'm hoping to find her something soon, because I'm going back to work in 2 weeks and I want her to have something from home to help her through the days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured