Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wanted to 'save' diapers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This mom in the child care instructed us NOT to change her son's diaper until it was FULL, and that he was to use no more than 2 diapers a day.   So, we send the kid home in a clean diaper, cuz chances are, he'll still be in the same one tomorow morning, BM, and all...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
momoftwo0406
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Wow that horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

obviously not a licensed child care facility.  

ForeverInLove
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
That is nasty.
When I worked day every two hours unless they pooed. Then it was right away.
I use cloth on my kids, so changing every try to three hours is a must.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I babysat for my husbands coworker several years back. Her son was three and in diapers. I offered to help PT while he was with me and she said nope, SHE wasn't ready for "that mess". She instructed me to use no more than three diapers for the 14 hours he was with me regardless how often he pooped or peed. She left a pack with me but I refused to let him sit in poo and/or pee!! Not to mention he came to me with his diaper hanging to his knees every morning so that was one diaper used right away. She then quit bringing a pack to me, instead she brought me three diapers everyday so I had to buy some for him. Poor kid REEKED of urine all the time!
I babysat for several kids from my husbands company most were sporadic like date nights, late meetings etc. That started to dwindle and I couldn't figure out why when a friend of my husbands to him that she was complaining to anyone that would listen about me even though she kept bringing her son to me! When that friend confronted her she admitted she was unhappy about the stupid diapers!
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I can only imagine the diaper rash.

What a horrible and neglectful mother. Well, honestly what I was thinking is, "what a bitch!"....

But I am trying to make an effort to be nicer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
That poor kiddo! Can you call CPS? I used to send a package of diapers and asked them to tell me when I come in or text me when they were running low. Same went for clothes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You can still call CPS and leave an anonomous tip. I suspected a little girl was being abused at my office and my doctor over looked it and said the parents are nice so he didn't think anything of it. I got all the little girls info along with her parents and called in an anonomous tip. Better safe then sorry. You never know what else is going on in that house.
bowribbonmama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 a DAY? Heck, my 2 year old gets like 6 changes a day. 1 first thing in the AM (around 7:30ish), 3 at daycare and then 2-3 more at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Nasty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Gross!  I would understand if it was cloth diapers.  My kids are allergic to disposable and have to wear cloth and I have had them thrown out buy child care workers.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)