Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms::

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
What do y'all do for daycare? My mom watches my kids for me, but I do a 9-5 so it's usually just her picking them up from school...

My coworker calls off all the time because her dd is sick, can't work weekends because she can't afford a babysitter. It's irritating. I pick up her slack because she can't afford her children. I'm really over it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM

they are with my fiance ( not thier dad) at home. i usually do a 3 to 11, which is really a 2-12, so i only get to see them for about an hour a day unless i'm off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
No takers?
MommyChristina1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
School and daycare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My dh is a stay at home dad
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM

When I worked, I worked school hours so that I didn't have to have care. If my daughter was sick, I had to take the day off. My parents are young and still work, and I don't have a babysitter.

CafeMom Tickers
jojo_star
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM

My kids are 11, 14, 15, and 16, so I don't have to worry about daycare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
My husband was a sahd. Now I take them to a babysitter the days I work. My brother stays with them at night and weekends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Nice

Quoting jojo_star:

My kids are 11, 14, 15, and 16, so I don't have to worry about daycare. 

mestiza_07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids go to daycare 1-2 times a week depending in the days I work. My parents help out too. My oldest is all day preschool. I work 3 days a week 7 am-7 pm. My parents pick them up at 330 if dh can't. I work every 3rd weekend so if dh can't want watch them my parents do ....I am very lucky to have my parents.
my123sons
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Before they started school they stayed with a sitter. My mil opened a daycare and they went there and then when they were 4 they went to preschool in the school district in which I work. Now that they are in school and my mom has retired, she comes to my house and gets them on the bus and stays with them for the hour between coming home from school and me getting home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)