Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

starting to freak out.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

the day after easter i go to court.

my ex is taking me to court for a child support reduction ( hes 11,000 behind)

hes also claiming contempt on me saying i never let him have his visitation. hes spent the last year having mental breakdowns, and refused to visit . he sold the kids furniture i left behind. wouldnt come to thier birthday parties.

i'm scared of his bitch lawyer having the judge thinking i'm one of those moms. thats after the money and withholds the kids. he plays the pitiful part, and everyone believes him.

i'm scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i hope you have been saving text and email conversations. or at least documenting these things in a notebook..

if you have, no worries. if you haven't, it's your word against his. can you gather any proof of his instability or anything to demonstrate that he hasn't been available?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

i have witnesses. police reports. i can supeona his mental records.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

i hope you have been saving text and email conversations. or at least documenting these things in a notebook..

if you have, no worries. if you haven't, it's your word against his. can you gather any proof of his instability or anything to demonstrate that he hasn't been available?

cherib82
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Oh man. Did you keep a record of when he was supposed to visit and didn't?

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Are you represented? Did you document everything that he did or failed to do???

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM

those things will help a lot. in the future though, keep a notebook of plans made and broken and insist on electronic correspondence and save it. good luck! i'm sure you'll be fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

i have witnesses. police reports. i can supeona his mental records.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM

yes, i have a lawyer. but hes 11,000 behind and because of him i have to pay my lawyer 2,000. we are asking the judge for reimbersment, but i probably wont get it :(

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Are you represented? Did you document everything that he did or failed to do???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Document, document, document.  go look for any "proof" of the  mental breakdowns in the form of saved emails, etc.  Anyone else who has knowledge of his behaviors is a potential witness.  Anyone else you told of his refusal to come to birthday parties, anyone who has listened to your side of a conversation with him, etc. You need a lawyer too. You can let some fear motivate you to search your brain and do some positive things to get ready for this hearing and plan what you want to say and how you want to say it, write it down and pracitice, etc etc. or you can just be scared.  I hope you don't just be scared.  It won't help you.  Planning and feeling confident in your truth, however, will help you!! Dont think of her as a bitch lawyer.  That will make you dread and be afraid.  She is simply someone with a job, which is  to represent your husband.  That is all.  She has to make things look good for him.  You and your lawyer have to make things look good for you.  if you think of her as a bitch, she'll be a bitch, and you won't respond well in court and then you will look bad, instead of, respectful, confident, and truthful.  Wear nice clothes, look  somewhat professional  yet not overdressedl. Fix your hair nice, don't wear too much makeup.   Don't go in in stilettos and dressed seductively and don't wear jeans and a t shirt either.  Just look like a reasonably well dressed mom.  Know your goal is to be responsible and confident and show it.  If you don't have records in the form of a notebook documenting phone calls, times he has bailed, etc., then start doing that now, to get ready for next hearing.  YOu know the truth here, be ready to represent all of the truth.  Hugs!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)