Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why I can't stand Victoria's Secret

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies
3 moms liked this
I posted about the line of undergarments they are introducing for young girls on my facebook. My best friend didn't agree with me at first. I told her the reason behind my dislike for the entire store. Agree or disagree? This is just my opinion and I still respect anyone who feels differently.

To clarify the reason I dislike it: Their sizes are very limited. All of their ads show super skinny models. People who can't fit into their sizes are made to feel ugly for walking into their stores. I have nothing against lingerie. I LOVE LINGERIE. But I also love my body. There are a few changes I'm making, yes, but overall I'm happy with it. When my daughter is old enough for lingerie, I want her to be comfortable wearing it no matter how big or small her assets will be. I will not spend my money in vs because of the image they portray. I just feel like every woman should feel sexy by her own right and not because of a clothing company advertisement.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbuckmom03
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I wont' shop with them anymore.  I walked in one day needing a new bra.  I was never talked to, never approached to see if i needed help with anything.  A woman and her so walked in a few mins after me and she was approached almost immediately.  The only difference between her and me?  I was a size 16 and she was under size 6. 

I don't agree with their new line for tweens and teen girls.  My dd will never shop there until she pays for the stuff and is out of the house and on her own.  That is if she chooses to.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I currently am too big for Victoria's Secret..

I don't however hate them because of their sizes being somewhat limited. 

Lane Bryant also has really nice lingerie.. and Torrid..  I fit those for now.. So I like them too.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
5 moms liked this
I've never had a problem. In fact, I went there after the birth of my son, still with all baby weight intact, looking for something sexy that would make me feel confident for my husband after my 6 week pp checkup. One of the women there measured me, helped me pick things out, try on tops and was the sweetest thing ever. She assured me I would look absolutely fantastic in it and hugged me before I left. She was right, and I rocked that lingerie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I love vs. I especailly love their clothes (I'm actually wearing a shirt from them now!) I find them very true to size and great quality.  

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I hate that they don't carry bigger than a D.

MadamosielleM
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I can't believe how differently I used to get treated in stores like that when I was a size 8. Now that I'm a size 14 no one in that store would give me the time of day.  I prefer Fredericks of Hollywood for their lingerie. At least they cater to plus size women, like myself, and I think they have nicer lingerie too.

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM
9 moms liked this

Hate on them all you want that they don't carry your size..  I doubt many lingerie shops do.  Shop somewhere else or lose the weight.  I don't find this very hard to understand.  I'm fucking 5 foot and I have to shop in petite.  Do I bitch that places carry jeans too long for me???  Nope, I suck it up and go to Ann Taylor.  Issue solved.  

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a 36DDD or 36F. I am pretty thin but I had a boob job obviously but I love lane Bryant! I just got two bras a few days ago from there! I couldn't believe I found my size in cute bras. Usually I find really ugly ones. I am stoked I finally found a store that caters to my size!

Quoting KristenFowles:

Lane Bryant also has really nice lingerie.. and Torrid..  I fit those for now.. So I like them too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM

A lot of people overlook Lane Bryant.

It really is a hidden gem :)

Quoting bmcandmmh:

I am a 36DDD or 36F. I am pretty thin but I had a boob job obviously but I love lane Bryant! I just got two bras a few days ago from there! I couldn't believe I found my size in cute bras. Usually I find really ugly ones. I am stoked I finally found a store that caters to my size!

Quoting KristenFowles:

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 5'3" and a size 5 to 7 and the pants are alwys too long. Ann Taylor has short pants?? I have got to find one in my area. Are they pretty true to size? I think I might have to order online. What is your experience shopping there?

Quoting .betty.white.:

Hate on them all you want that they don't carry your size..  I doubt many lingerie shops do.  Shop somewhere else or lose the weight.  I don't find this very hard to understand.  I'm fucking 5 foot and I have to shop in petite.  Do I bitch that places carry jeans too long for me???  Nope, I suck it up and go to Ann Taylor.  Issue solved.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN