Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a hard time, could use some advice, help, support... ect

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 33 Replies

I have posted before about this,  but here is the backstory..  DS is 7,  he has Opitz-G syndrome and he has quite high needs.  He can not really talk much, has about 20-30 words at most.  needs major help at school ect ect.  however, cognitive he is delayed but not severely.. learning difficulties mostly.   He is at a main stream school where he is excelling!!   He is actually starting to read.... which is funny because he can actually read better than he can talk if that makes sense...   he is communicating so much better and has really leaped forward in his development...  Now DH is in the army and was posted out in January this year.  We spent months last year trying to get things set up for us all to move,  we even had an army house picked out.   I spent hours and hours on the phone to the special needs dept, the education dept, army liason officer for the new area ect ect.    But the upshot of it all was that DS would not get half of what he is getting at this school here.  and yes it is a private school.   We made the very hard decision that DH would go to the new posting and we would stay here.   A move that has been proved right as DS is doing so well.    Anyway..  DH is going to discharge as soon as he can find a job here.  however it is proving so hard!!   I am not coping very well... nights are the worst.    I am exhausted, snappy,  lonely, scared.. ect  We have had deployment before and training that would be for 2 or 3 months away before.. it is just that this is so much different than that.  we have no end date in sight.   It is tearing us apart but we are stuck until he can find a job, but that is not happening.  I am starting to seriously consider moving..  but my DS would lose all he has here,  funding for anything takes up to 15 months.  He would basically really struggle.   I know that He would stop talk completely as that is what he does in new situations.  Everyone involved in his care both educational and medical has told us that he should not be moved...  I dont know what to do...  it is like stay here we lose, move we lose...   it is just so hard right now!!!  I just dont know what to do.  :(

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

anyone with opinion, help, advice?????

livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

:(

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

*hugs*

livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

hmmm :(

Goofygadget
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no advice. I thought I'd just let you know that I think you guys are doing the right thing and you should feel good about that.

Together you both are putting d's needs first. Great parents. Hang in there. He will eventually find a job. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

thank you :)

Quoting ColleenF30:

*hugs*

lovinmama411
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I guess you have to choose the better of two evils. Which would be more difficult? DS re-adjusting or DH finding a job? I would continue to look for a job for DH first, something may come along soon. Explore other options, would you be able to work? Could DH go unto a different field? That's a tough one mamma!

livric
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Thank you so much!!   I know that we are doing the right thing for DS,  but it is killing me :(  the only good thing about it has been seeing him do so well at school...  I cry all the time,  I feel like I need to go back on anxiety meds again.  (I was on them for 2 years, been off for a year)   I am having panic attacks :(  I just need this to end.  but it is going to be a while.

Quoting Goofygadget:

I have no advice. I thought I'd just let you know that I think you guys are doing the right thing and you should feel good about that.

Together you both are putting d's needs first. Great parents. Hang in there. He will eventually find a job. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I have no advice, but I'll send you my prayers and thoughts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured