Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why? Binkies at 4yo.

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 577 Replies
8 moms liked this
why do some people still allow their 3-4yos+ to still have binkies? just why? I actually want to hear reasons and excuses. Plz..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I was SEVEN before I gave mine up... I ONLY had it at bedtime..but.. Yeah.. FOREVER.

My kids never took to them, so luckily I never fought that battle with my own kiddos

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
33 moms liked this

Because they're lazy.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK my first never used one and this is Jakes second day paci free.  He will be 6 months on the first.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't get it myself.

pce68
by Patti on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
6 moms liked this

Because they don't want to listen to their child cry for a few days if they made them give up the binky.

ElizabethGracie
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this

My brother took his until he was four or five...my sister was two years younger and he would actually take the pacifier out of her mouth and put it in his own. My parents kept taking them away,but he kept turning up with these pacifiers and my parents had no idea where he was getting them from until finally one day my grandmother was babysitting,she saw him snatch the pacifier from my sister and take off through the house...she followed him and he literally had a stash of pacifiers behind his bed. There was around 15 or 20,just tucked away back there....his own little secret supply.

My son is indifferent about his...he'll take it when he's sleepy or doesn't feel well but that's about it.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, oral fixations run rampant on BOTH sides of my girls' families. My ODD was 3 before she gave up her binky. Luckily it was an easy fix. She was ready. I was very ready for an uphill battle.

I'm nearly 29 years old and still suck my thumb. It is what it is.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
64 moms liked this

no excuse, my son wanted his, it wasnt doing anyone any harm so why should anyone care?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
3 moms liked this

I would not take something like that away. I feel we all have them things. I can't sleep without MY pillow. Even if I go away to a hotel I bring MY pillow, whats so weird about that alot of people do that right, so why is it not okay for kids? 

EDIT......... I read the post to fast lol I thought it said BLANKET........... I think kids having a binkie at 4 is just crazy, it's so bad for there teeth 

PEEK05
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it's crazy but they're not my kids so oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN