Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old were your kids when

Posted by   + Show Post

they stopped believing in santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy??? 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
iamtryingforme
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I told my dd this year (age 9) they were not real.  She was on the fence anyway.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

ds is 4 and still believes in them all. 

Rileyscute
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I don't think mine have ever truly believed in them at all..I don't know why..they just don't get excited over it at all

fairyjester
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM
This year at 13
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
How is it an insult? A 34 year old who believed Santa was real would have a diminished mental capacity. A neurotypical adult would never believe in such things.

Quoting Sassy762:

Sweet Cheeks....YOU did insult my children first. I only turned your words back to you...........

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't think you are grasping anything that has been said. I told you I was merely confused and if maybe you had just said yes I have a 34 year old mentally challenged child at home then I'd have said Sorry My Bad, but you immediately took it as an insult. You seem to spin hate, if there is an opportunity to educate someone on a disability then do so. I didn't attack your kids/grand kids. I said I'm confused if there isn't a mental reason at 34 yrs but you felt the need to attack my children. It's not like I used hateful or insensitive terms. You are apparently just a hateful person. I was trying to understand you and at this point I could turn your hate right back around on you but then I'd be uncouth and that's not my style, that's yours.

Quoting Sassy762:

Feel free to leave then IF it's so damn annoying here. One assnon gone won't make a difference

My kids and grandkids mental capacity is much greater than you or your childrens mental capacity could ever be......suck on that lemon

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I'm confused but there is no division/comma between the 3 and 4 so it would appear that you have a 34 year old adult not child that still believes. If you are serious that you have a 34 yr old along with siblings that still believes I'm assuming that their mental capacity is not that of a full fledged adult, otherwise I'm baffled. If you have a 3 and 4 year old or an almost 4 yr old it makes sense. Nobody attacked you so get off your high horse. The smiling face was an indicator that I meant no harm. At this point though I don't give a crap if you are offended, to come at me with a hell no makes you an a**. Instead of jumping to defense try explaining. People like you are the reason cafe mom is getting so annoying.

Quoting Sassy762:

HELL NO.....why should it be. IF you don't want your kids to believe that is fine BUT don't try to tell me what age my kids have to stop believing

Quoting Anonymous:

Hope that's a typo ;)

Quoting Sassy762:

My oldest will be 34 in a few weeks and she and the rest still believe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids who are 10 or older don't believe Santa is real. They believe that if they admit they know you're lying they won't get the goodies anymore.
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM
My 6yo told me a couple of months ago that his classmate told him the tooth fairy isn't real. Yesterday he got off of the bus and informed me that the Easter Bunny is just a person in a bunny costume. This little tidbit came from the bus driver, according to him. Maybe he meant to say his bus buddy instead...either way, that's two down. Santa hasn't been ruined yet, but at the rate we're going he probably will be by next Christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
If you think a diminished mental capacity is something to joke about and you have children like that then you are doing a disservice to them. I clearly said I can only assume it were the case considering the age. I didn't call your children retarded, simpletons, or anything inappropriate. Your overreaction to a simple misunderstanding; i.e. me thinking you meant to put a comma when you apparently didn't, is egregious.

Quoting Sassy762:

Sweet Cheeks....YOU did insult my children first. I only turned your words back to you...........

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't think you are grasping anything that has been said. I told you I was merely confused and if maybe you had just said yes I have a 34 year old mentally challenged child at home then I'd have said Sorry My Bad, but you immediately took it as an insult. You seem to spin hate, if there is an opportunity to educate someone on a disability then do so. I didn't attack your kids/grand kids. I said I'm confused if there isn't a mental reason at 34 yrs but you felt the need to attack my children. It's not like I used hateful or insensitive terms. You are apparently just a hateful person. I was trying to understand you and at this point I could turn your hate right back around on you but then I'd be uncouth and that's not my style, that's yours.

Quoting Sassy762:

Feel free to leave then IF it's so damn annoying here. One assnon gone won't make a difference

My kids and grandkids mental capacity is much greater than you or your childrens mental capacity could ever be......suck on that lemon

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I'm confused but there is no division/comma between the 3 and 4 so it would appear that you have a 34 year old adult not child that still believes. If you are serious that you have a 34 yr old along with siblings that still believes I'm assuming that their mental capacity is not that of a full fledged adult, otherwise I'm baffled. If you have a 3 and 4 year old or an almost 4 yr old it makes sense. Nobody attacked you so get off your high horse. The smiling face was an indicator that I meant no harm. At this point though I don't give a crap if you are offended, to come at me with a hell no makes you an a**. Instead of jumping to defense try explaining. People like you are the reason cafe mom is getting so annoying.

Quoting Sassy762:

HELL NO.....why should it be. IF you don't want your kids to believe that is fine BUT don't try to tell me what age my kids have to stop believing

Quoting Anonymous:

Hope that's a typo ;)

Quoting Sassy762:

My oldest will be 34 in a few weeks and she and the rest still believe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

My kids are 17 and 14, they probably knew at about age 9 or so.  But they also know that its the spirit or idea of the season.  I pick on them and say "you have to believe to receive"  My dd still wants to leave out cookies and milk and still wants to make "reindeer food"  they have fun spreading it out in the yard.  We have our traditions that we do every year for each holiday.  I asked them a few weeks ago if they still wanted to color eggs and they said heck yea!!!  So I bought a couple of egg coloring kits.  The last couple of years they have held an easter egg hunt for the neighborhood kids in our yard.  My kids say the holidays would not be the same without the traditions we had when we were little, even if we know Santa and the others aren't real, we still believe because thats what makes the holidays so much fun.  The treats, the surprises, the special family time with family members we don't get to see often.  They said they hoped that when they have kids that they can keep their children believing as long as they can to keep our family traditions alive while making their own new traditions mixed in. 

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Hasn't happened yet!

Oldest is 6

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN