Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I could go back in time....

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would have changed quite a few things. 

I would have never started talking to my mother again.  Because now, after 10 years of trying to forgive her, I just can't.  And I don't know how to tell her that the abuse I emotional and mental abuse I suffered from her still, to this day, fucks with me every day.  No matter what I do, I NEVER feel good enough.  or pretty enough.  or worth anything.  and its her fault.  She never once said something nice to me.  SHe never once advocated for me, or protected me from the other people who just tore me down inside.  I wish I never started talking to her again

I would have never joined that Army.  I would have stayed home with my son, gone to college when I should have and rented an apartment with my best friend.  Then I could have never had to deal with my father again.  Because he insists that I raise my family with his views.  Except that his oldest daughter doesn't talk to him, his next daughter (me) was on drugs at 13 and pregnant at 14, and his only son is actually certifiable.  I guess thats two in one

Since I did go in the army, I wish I would have taken it more seriously.  THat shit was a joke.  No 17 year old should ever be allowed in the military.... unless they are undeniably mature for their age.

I wish I wouldn't have gotten married 3 weeks after I turned 18.  I love my husband, but I wonder what freedom would be like.

I wish I would have waited longer to have children.  I love them all to bits, but it would have been SO MUCH EASIER to do this once I was already established. 

Feel free to add your own....

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

House of DLC

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manicMOM_DLC
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I wish I hadn't seen my ex shoot himself in the head. I pretend it doesn't bother me but sometimes I think of that night and freak out inside.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I wish I wouldn't have agreed to move to this pissant town.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Oh, that is awful! I am sorry!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I hadn't seen my ex shoot himself in the head. I pretend it doesn't bother me but sometimes I think of that night and freak out inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I would save myself from being molested the first time by a family member. Also to speak up about it to someone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I am not sure what I would change.

Maybe I wouldn't have gotten married, but then I wouldn't have my kids. My marriage has been mostly a thorn in my side.

Maybe I would have insisted he, me, both got counseling very early on. People just didn't do that 30 years ago.

Maybe I wouldn't have had an affair. That messed me up. No, it wasn't the affair. It was the fact I was so very deeply in love with this guy, and he didn't love me. Unrequited love, especially when it was encouraged by the subject, STINKS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, that is awful! I am sorry!

Quoting Anonymous:

notabosley
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I wish I had joined the army when I planned to.
I wish I hadn't dated that abusive jerk when I was 20 to 22. He's the reason I didn't trust my own judgment for years.
I wish I'd given my high school sweetheart a second chance when I was younger. We can't have children together now. I'm so grateful for my little girl, I just wish she could have a brother or sister.
I wish I rediscovered my own self worth when I was younger, it feels so good to love myself now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I would have spent more time with my aunt who died.

On a certain level, I wish I would have graduated college and on another level, I wish I had never went. I am in debt over a degree I don't have, but I also wouldn't be married to the love of my life if I had stayed there.

My biggest regret is that I wish I hadn't signed the papers to buy a house. I was stupid to do it.

.Nucking.Futs.
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I wouldn't start watching American Horror Story...freaky AF but addictive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN