Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Is The Worst You've Ever Hurt Your Kid?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 149 Replies

This came from reading the other post about how bad our kids have hurt us...what's the worst you've ever hurt your kids? Or the worst your husband has ever hurt your kids?

I accidentally poked my son in the eye with a baby spoon while trying to get him to eat yams.My husband takes top honors though...not only did he once stuff our child into a onesie upside down,with his legs stuffed into the armholes and the bottom open around his neck...then three days ago,he accidentally shut our son's fingers in the car door...Anthony's little fingers are so bruised,it makes me want to cry every time I look at them.

What's the worst you've done?

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM
I shut my oldest son's fingers in the car door once when he was four. I felt so horrible, I wrote journal post about it.

With my younger son, I didn't see him and cracked him in the noggin with the door :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

i had just gotten my new nikon camera and the jumbo lense on it. I put it around my neck and not even thinking , bent over to pick up my son who was  18 months at the time. The camera swung and hit  him right in the forehead. I felt HORRIBLE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

i spanked my ds on the but just lightly while she was walkin away and it made her knees buckle and she went face first into a wall and cut her lip, i felt like such a terrible mommmy

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Oh man...I accidently elbowed her right in the mouth the other day! I hear her call my name and I knew she was close...I just didn't know she was that close...I turn and she's like "Mommy that hurt!" I later hit her in the eye with my boob. She just looked at me like "Seriously mom? Seriously?"

She has seriously injured me a few times though :-/

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM

My husband feels so bad about it...he was getting Ant out of the car and he set him on the ground because he just started walking and he likes to walk whenever possible these days and I guess my husband just had a careless moment. Selfishly,I'm glad I wasn't there when it happened,though. I don't know if I could have stood to listen to my baby's screams. My husband said it was terrifying. He swears it took ten years off his life.

My grandmother once shut my dad's finger in the door of trailer...aparently our family just doesn't need to be around doors and children.

Quoting lwalker270:

I shut my oldest son's fingers in the car door once when he was four. I felt so horrible, I wrote journal post about it.

With my younger son, I didn't see him and cracked him in the noggin with the door :/

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I dropped a camera on him. One of those thick durable ones made for kids. I went to hand it to him and it slipped out of my hands.

I also bit his finger when he was a baby. He was feeding me bites of something and I accidentally bit his finger.
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

ive done this too! dang big cameras!

Quoting krissy920:

i had just gotten my new nikon camera and the jumbo lense on it. I put it around my neck and not even thinking , bent over to pick up my son who was  18 months at the time. The camera swung and hit  him right in the forehead. I felt HORRIBLE.

Fatal_Frost
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I clobbered two of them with the Wii remote while playing just dance with them... no bruises, but now I just dance by myself after bedtime, and they dance together with me watching
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd was about a yr old and she was mid tantrum and he was carrying her and she flung herself backwards and he dropped her, as if that wasn't bad enough she fell he tried to catch her, with his foot. So basically he drop kicked her. She wasn't hurt thanks to a stray couch cushion she landed on but I feel sure the foot hurt and it all scared her.
ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I know it's not funny,but you hit her in the eye with your boob?! How does that even happen?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Oh man...I accidently elbowed her right in the mouth the other day! I hear her call my name and I knew she was close...I just didn't know she was that close...I turn and she's like "Mommy that hurt!" I later hit her in the eye with my boob. She just looked at me like "Seriously mom? Seriously?"

She has seriously injured me a few times though :-/

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)