Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sleep walking.... Help!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter just came in from being asleep and was apparently sleep walking... She opened the door and DH and I were watching a movie... She comes in and we ask her what's up? Is he okay. She replies "yes I'm just coming in" we figure she just had a bad dream but as she comes in she goes to my hope chest at the end of the bed and opens it up with the goal of trying to push it. I'm thinking she Is about to go pee in it lol... But then I just have her come snuggle with me and she is asleep within 1 minute. Anyone have any ideas about this? Why it happens?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, but when I was about 8 I was sleepwalking a lot. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge, pulled out the veggie drawer at the bottom and peed in it, then went back to bed. My dad was at the table he said he was in so much shock he just watched it happen.

I grew out of it, I have no idea what causes it or anything... Good luck though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM

You're lucky she is responsive to you during it, my youngest suffered from night terrors for the first five years on and off. It was horrible, she would walk around sweating, and petrified but couldn't communicate during them. It would often take half an hour or more to get her to sleep again. No known cause, just some kids are affected and others aren't.

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope..I've only walked in my lseep once in my life...I was about 7 and my mom found me trying to pee in the kitchen drawers below the stove. She just put me back in bed and that was the end of it.

I have no idea what caused it,but it never happened again.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Johnsonmommy5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM
That's good it can be grown out of... I think my DH would look at me funny if I did it lol... Bad thing to find in a drawer

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

Nope..I've only walked in my lseep once in my life...I was about 7 and my mom found me trying to pee in the kitchen drawers below the stove. She just put me back in bed and that was the end of it.

Johnsonmommy5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Wow I'm so sorry!! Your poor girl... What did she say she felt like during that time? Or did she know?

Quoting Anonymous:

You're lucky she is responsive to you during it, my youngest suffered from night terrors for the first five years on and off. It was horrible, she would walk around sweating, and petrified but couldn't communicate during them. It would often take half an hour or more to get her to sleep again. No known cause, just some kids are affected and others aren't.

Johnsonmommy5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
It seems to be common it is happening around that age group...

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

She would have no recollection once she would really wake up, she would just be lost as to how she ended up somewhere other than she initially fell asleep. It was more fearful for us than her thankfully. 

Quoting Johnsonmommy5:

Wow I'm so sorry!! Your poor girl... What did she say she felt like during that time? Or did she know?

Quoting Anonymous:

SMLemos
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Mine normally has to use the bathroom when he sleepwalks.  If we just let him get back in bed he does it again and again.  The problem is he does not know where he is sometimes so we have had experiences with him peeing in the closet or on his bed even the bathtub.  I read and was told to more so lead him to the bathroom and back to the bed without trying to wake him up.  We can talk to him but he doesn't always understand or remember any of it later.   With us its usually 2 hours after falling asleep so we listen for him around that time. lol  I was told he will grow out of it.  

elijahXmom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

IDK but sleep eating is something runs in my family. I tell you some stories like my cousin waking with an apple in one hand and paring knife in the other and the apple was missing peaces. Or wake with a half ate sandwich.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

People sleep walk because their body doesn't go through paralysis like it should during REM. 

Causes include...

Stress

Recent change in sleep schedule

Asthma

Acid reflux

Alcohol and drugs

Fever

Heart irregularities 

thats all i can remember... DH doesn't sleep "walk" he will sit up and start talking to me at like 3am sometimes, i try my best to not laugh and just answer him and then he lays back down and sleeps. He says it's from eating before bed, but I don't think that's a real reason? unless you count it with acid reflux.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)