Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how you do that?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies, is there any thing you want to share like, have you found stuff that works that helps you save money or cuts your electric bill down or you found a way to clean something better and faster? Do you have home remides that you know work? And...... go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:23 AM

i use magic erasers on my carpet. Like my kids were drinking red juice, got a tummy virus and barfed red all over my  creame carpets. Steam cleaning didnt get it up, scrubbing didnt work. Last resort was a magic eraser. it worked.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM

using baking soda to clean the washing machine really works well to remove the musty scent. I throw about a quarter cup of baking soda in the hottest longest cycle possible and I swear the musty smell is gone for 2 days. and I have to close my front load washer :)

want10more
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM

oh heavens! where to start!  i buy in bulk,always watch for what's on sale, and keep the rest in the pantry. i am NOT one of those crazy couponers, tho i'd love to figger out how. heh. as for electric bills, i turn off ac at night and open windows, make kids turn everything off at night. i also remove batteries from toys, put them in a cup. when they want to play w/ a toy, they come and get batteries. home remedies? my fil had a terrible boil, i made a poultice, milk and bread. itchy skin, oatmeal bath. cleaning? lemon ammonia works for most everything, including shampooing carpets.

toybar02
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM
The only thing Ive changed to save on my electric because as far as utilities thats one of my highest bills i use nightlights in all the rooms in my house unless I really need to see but it saves alot, the only room the light stays on the most is the kitchen because i cant see what im cooking via nightlight , before my con edison bill was $150 a month now its been around $70 no higher than $80 so its been a big difference for me
toybar02
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:37 AM
I bargain shop also, i buy some things in bulk at bjs and costcos, only some things because if you dont monitor you can overspend in those stores too, I use coupons not as much as i should, and i compare shop to see which store has the item i want the cheapest, I dont buy takeout as much either, im really trying to save and spend my money wiser.
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I clean the floors with vinegar and water. I live it!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM

We have old windows that need replaced and they let a lot of cold air in. I use painters tape and sealed the windows with it. There are no more drafts and it has cut down on the electric bill.

I make my own Febreeze using water and fabric softner.

I clean counters and floors with vinegar and water.

Instead of buying liquid plumber for clogged drains I use baking soda and vinegar and it does a better job.

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
What is the measurements of each?

Quoting Anonymous:

We have old windows that need replaced and they let a lot of cold air in. I use painters tape and sealed the windows with it. There are no more drafts and it has cut down on the electric bill.

Instead of buying liquid plumber for clogged drains I use baking soda and vinegar and it does a better job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We have 17 windows and they are not all the same size. I have no idea what the measurements are.

Quoting HotMomma2622:

What is the measurements of each?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

my electric bill, during the winter I haven't been using the heat and come summer i won't be using the Ac( I hope) it has cut my electric bill from $250 to $70 a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN