Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons father is getting SSI/SSDI....time to file for that divorce

Posted by   + Show Post
I just found out last week that my'ex' was approved for SSI/SSDI and that our son will be getting $56 a month as a result. Because we are married with a kid, I also will receive $56 a month.
I have been married to 'J' for just over 2 years and we have been separated for over a year now. I guess I was waiting for the right time, if there is such a thing, to get a divorce. I am NOT staying married just to collect a check each month.
Would you stay married for $56 extra a month? Do you know someone that does?
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Replies (21-23):
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I am just saying I'd don't really get why you are asking the question. I mean who would stay married for that, if you are unhappy and have tried to work it out but can't then get a divorce.

He must not have really worked much because that is very low. I am on disability and I only worked for a total of 6 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Nooooo, but I didnt file for divorce until my EX INLAWS sold their house,   last time they sold their house they gave the Hubby a big check...

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM
He got everything and I got the shaft. And this was after he tried to kill me twice. Go figure. Just get a really good lawyer. He even wanted me to pay him spousal support because I made more money. (Yes cause I worked two jobs). Fortunately that was denied. Btw the house was mine before we were married. It was the house that I grew up in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured