Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So depressed about my weight.... I just want to cry!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:02 AM
  • 117 Replies

I feel disgusting!! I can't stand my reflection, I feel so repulsive. All I see is flabby groseness everywhere. My boyfriend says I'm beautiful and I honestly wish I could see myself through his eyes because the last thing I feel is beautiful. i need serious help!! The problem is that I had been working out 5-7 days a week since I was healed after I gave birth to my baby girl in August, and it doesn't seem to be doing any good. Every time I weigh myself the scale doesn't budge! I haven't worked out for probably a week now though because I am starting to feel overwhelmed like I am never going to lose the weight no matter what I do. I just hate myself! I hate that summer is coming.... I was so sure I would have reached at least one of my weightloss goals by now. This is so ridiculous!!  Is all hope lost? Please help me. 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going through the same thing.
krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Get rid of the scale. What kind of fod are you eating, and what kind fo work outs? are you rotating cardio and other types of exercise?

sketchmonster
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Have you changed your diet any? That might be what's holding you back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandykay387
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I was doing Jillian Michael's workouts rotating out dvds to get in cardio, abs, and whatnot. I have been riding my bike, walking, doing the elliptical, and other stuff too. I haven't been eating bad foods and have been drinking lots of water/fluids, but I can't seem to eat 6 times a day like is suggested.... I try, but it never works out that well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Join the club.

IndigoRose
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:13 AM
3 moms liked this

It's so sweet that your boyfriend is so darling!!!!!!!!!!!

No, all hope is NOT lost, ---of course!!!...

Spring is right around the corner,---a great time for new things, like losing that weight you want to!

I lost 30 pounds by eating those grocery store frozen small meals that you can get anywhere.  They're great because when you're done there is NO second helpings.  

Also, I removed all big bags of candy bars and chips and cookies and snacks from my house and I didn't buy them in that size again.  Sure, I treated myself, but if I wanted that treat I had to go out and buy it and then I only bought 1 candy bar, or 1 snack bag of chips.

Change from drinking beer to drinking wine.  Beer really does swell out your belly!

I also bought a gorgeous, sexy black dress in the size I wanted to be, and then---one day I could fit into it.  You CAN do it TOO!!!!...

And, I took up belly dancing for exercise = glamorous!

Good Luck!  (You CAN do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM

What have you been doing specifically? 

What do you eat? How much? Have you tracked calories,cut portions, or anything like that? 

How much water do you drink? 

What workouts have you been doing? How often and how long? 

You cannot workout 7 days per week and not give your body adequate rest. Your muscles endure tiny tears everytime they are worked and with rest ( 1-2 days per week), they will be able to restrand and rebuild properly. It is counter productive to workout constantly. 

Also, if you don't eat well, you won't see a loss at all..our bodies need proper fuel and you cannot out exercise a poor diet. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

mandykay387
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM

It's just really annoying to me now! Why the hell am I sweating my ass off for months on end and getting nowehere!?? Ahhh. I mean I am more toned than when I started, but still not even near where I should be after this long. Maybe I should just focus on my diet and start pre-making meals and freezing them or something, so it's easier to eat right..... What do you ladies do in regards to diet to make things easier?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Managing your weight is battle your will always fight. If you're up for it, try an appeitite supressant, phentermine. I lost 10 lbs in a week without working out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to weight train, not just do cardio. Those DVDs are mostly just cardio. You need weights
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN