Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just took my son's prescription medication

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Last week we went to the ER because he had a pre-abscess in his throat from Strep and it was swollen very bad. He was given IV antibiotics and steroids in the ER and a prescription for antibiotics and Vicodin.

Honestly, I was worried about giving him the Vicodin because he's only 12, (also strong history of addiction on his father's side of family) so only gave him one a day until the abscess was healed. There were still 15 left in the bottle.

Tonight I was having the worst pain ever in my abdomen. It honestly felt like someone was sticking their hands up my vagina and squeezing my uterus. I took one of my son's Vicodin.

The pain hasn't completely gone away, but I don't feel like I am going to die now. Bash Away.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM

i take my husbands muscle relaxers...who cares...as long as we feel better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:24 AM

If your in real pain and had them . You would be a fool not to.

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:26 AM
No bashing here. Hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Just don't go crazy with it. I've had to get a pain pill from my best friend once. I felt guilty taking it from her, but I hurt so bad and OTC's were not cutting it. I understand why you did it. What kind of doctor gives a 12 year old Vicodin? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:29 AM
When my dd had an infection a while ago, her dr gave her amoxycillin, her dr refilled it just in case, but we never used it. Fast forward a few weeks, I ended up with an infected tooth and had no insurance (kids did but I didn't) so I took some of the amoxycillin, used a small dosage once a day for a couple days and it went away. We never used the rest and it went to waste. Life goes on...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:30 AM

To be fair he is almost 6 foot at age 12, but it still made me a little nervous to give them to him.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Just don't go crazy with it. I've had to get a pain pill from my best friend once. I felt guilty taking it from her, but I hurt so bad and OTC's were not cutting it. I understand why you did it. What kind of doctor gives a 12 year old Vicodin? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I do have to say I love your SN. I loved Donna as a companion.

Quoting DonnaNoble:

No bashing here. Hope you feel better.

AStitt
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Triple quote the above replies ^^^ :) when you're in pain, and it sounds like it was pretty bad, the Rx strength that they'd prescribe for a 12yr old is def not bad. Hope it either went away today or you feel better soon!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Holy cow. I still wouldn't want a 12 year old taking Vicodin.

Quoting Anonymous:

To be fair he is almost 6 foot at age 12, but it still made me a little nervous to give them to him.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM

it was prescribed for my 9yr old when he had his tonsils out...normal for kids in severe pain

Quoting mattiehatter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)