Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Making a Child Do YOUR dirty Work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I have seen this before...a family goes door to door soliciting for their church, and it's the kids who are sent to the door to do the talking.  Nothing like making a child do your dirty work. 

Do your own damn preaching and stop making your child do your work for you

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM
They have to learn at some point. Besides, to them it's teaching a lifestyle, not dirty work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:20 AM

They probably think people will be more likely to give money to a child.  I don't care who it is that comes to my door, adult or child, I'm not giving them money for their church.  I give to my own church every Sunday and that's enough for me.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I haven't seen door-to-door church fundraisers in our area.  If DD wants to support an organization, then she does the solicitations.  She's 9, so an adult has to go with her.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM

its not fundraisers these kids are soliciting for...it's church members they are recruiting

Quoting mommytoeandb:

I haven't seen door-to-door church fundraisers in our area.  If DD wants to support an organization, then she does the solicitations.  She's 9, so an adult has to go with her.  

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

i think they do that because they figure people will be nicer to a kid than they would an adult. so rather than turn the kid away or shut the door in his or her face, they just might give in and give money, listen, whatever the kid asks them to do.

i think it's messed up too.

KayDziedzic
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

This.

For the Christian denomination(s) that do this, it's a required step in the advancement of religious education for a child (as well as for members joining the denomination as an adult) to make this a part of their life. They're being taught how to 'witness' their beliefs, as practitioners believe the Bible instructs.

Quoting Soniam301:

They have to learn at some point. Besides, to them it's teaching a lifestyle, not dirty work.

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I hate it too, but I think they are just teaching them their ways.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM

yes, let's teach our children to solicit to strangers door to door in this dangerous society...wouldn't it make more sens to have these parents send their kids to arcades or parks instead of going door to door?

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I hate it too, but I think they are just teaching them their ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I love when the church people come. I tell them im an atheist, they look at me like im the devil and go about their way.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM

maybe the kids WANT to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)