Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 8 month old is getting an.... attitude??? *Edit*

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 37 Replies
My son ha a little over a week before he turns 8 months old and recently I've noticed a HUGE change in him!! Like you know when he's angry now because he'll make fists, clench his whole upper body, make himself go a little red in the face and then yell at us! My jaw hit the floor the first time he did that last week!
And now when he see's us leave a room he'll do a really high pitched whine instead of crying.. I knew we were getting pretty close to where we could see his whole personality but this just seems a little early and... excessive...

Is this something I need to nip in the bud or is this totally normal.. It didnt really get this bad until after his eye surgery last week but it was a simple routine proceedure that took about 10 minutes.. It seems like he should be back to normal by now...
Oh he also started crawling a week ago...

Edit: I forgot to add that he throws his "temper tantrums" just becase I'm about to change his diaper or clothes.. Lol.. Or if he is all done esting dinner and he has to sit in the highchair while I get a cloth to wipe him with (staying in the same room, maybe 5ft away at most!)!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha! Ds is 7 months and beats his fists on the table and stuff. For now, it's cute.
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It is called separation anxiety.  They flip out anytime they feel like they are being "left" or with someone new.

cyork2
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I know with my ds he started getting.separation anxiety when he started crawling. He will be a year next week, and he still gets this way sometimes
bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
=-O Ohh no!!! Lol.. I was hoping to miss out on that...

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It is called separation anxiety.  They flip out anytime they feel like they are being "left" or with someone new.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now is peak age for separation anxiety. Just try to reassure him.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
He gets angry about weird things though.. Like when I go to change his diaper or clothes he's pissed until I'm completely done! lol

Quoting cyork2:

I know with my ds he started getting.separation anxiety when he started crawling. He will be a year next week, and he still gets this way sometimes

Luna091306
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup! My 9 month old is the same way! He throws temper tantrums I swear. If you have something he wants and you don't give it to him he throws a huge fit. His thing is kicking. He kicks and screams, not a cry, a high pitch scream when he's pissed off. SMH

caterpilar
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That is totally normal for his age. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what my ds does. He kicks me and screams when I change his clothes or diaper.

Quoting bear.katten:

He gets angry about weird things though.. Like when I go to change his diaper or clothes he's pissed until I'm completely done! lol

Quoting cyork2:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Ohh well if caterpilar says so!! ;-)

Quoting caterpilar:

That is totally normal for his age. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN