Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont think he will be a father if I leave him.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Basically I have to stay with him in order for him to spend time with his son. He threatens to leave and not spend time or see his son. I am so sick of HIS DOUBLE STANDARD BS!!!!!!

The sad thing is I KNOW I AM A good women who deserves better but i feel like a FAILURE for not keeping my family together.

What should I DO!!!!! I am losing my mind. I want to do whats right for my son. But I know I shouldnt be unhappy and miserable just for my son to have a father around.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
What kind of people make threats like that? I've been married 14 years and we've never said such things. If he says it he will do it. Can you imagine someone saying that "till death do you part"? Take control of your future and leave now while you have enough self-respect to start over with healthy relationships.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Your kids deserves a better example of a dad. Better to leave the loser behind and show your son what a responsible upstanding adult is all by yourself, IMO.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
He's verbally and mentally abusing you. Leave!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

This i have to agree with . he is maniplutationg me into staying by scaring me...i dont even know how I can consider staying with him:( Something is seriously wrong with me:(

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Regardless, I wouldn't stay with a man like that. He's using your child to control you and so far it's working.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Sounds like it's only a matter of time. Better he cuts him out of his life now rather than a few years down the road.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Make a plan, stay firm in your decision and then follow through. The longer you stay, the harder it will be to leave.

Quoting Anonymous:

This i have to agree with . he is maniplutationg me into staying by scaring me...i dont even know how I can consider staying with him:( Something is seriously wrong with me:(

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Regardless, I wouldn't stay with a man like that. He's using your child to control you and so far it's working.

MOMMYSLOVE13
by ♥♥Brandi♥♥ on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you don't have to stay. That is not your issue if he is a person that cannot stand up and be a good man and do what is right. Men brainwash women into thinking that if they leave they wont do this or that but in reality they either do or pay the consequence's. No one ever has to stay, they chose to stay and put up with crap.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM

He says it because he knows it will make you stay. If he is using his relationship with his son as leverage like this, he is already a shitty father.

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM
There's nothing wrong with you. You're abused. The fact that you see it is a step in the right direction. DO NOT listen to assholes who say things like "it's your fault for staying" or "you must like it". People who say that are lucky enough to have never walked in your shoes. You can totally do this! :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Oostera
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Leave and ask him to sign over his rights. It isn't good for a child to see this example of what a relationship should be. Would you want your son to treat a woman this way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)