Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never been away from my son for more than 5 hours straight, ever.

I sincerely am impressed with women that can. I can't do it. I miss him so much and just worry the whole tme!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (51-60):
mary841108
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My husbands aunt has been taking the kids over night since they were a year old, sometimes they go for the whole weekend. They are 7 & 9 and it is nice to have a break now and then. I trust his aunt so it doesn't bother me to have them there for a night or two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I think that changes things a lot. I couldn't do it with ease if I didn't have so many people that I loved and trusted in my life. I can understand how that would make it difficult to relax and have fun.

Quoting mamabear55:

that's great! we have no family her and nobody understands how to treat his autism really

Quoting bmw29:

Maybe but ds was 2 when his father and I got married and we went on a 5 day cruise and left him with family. It's never really bothered me but we have a large family and a great group of friends and I know that they all love him and would protect him with their lives. 

Quoting mamabear55:

He's only 3 which i'm sure plays a big part in it

Quoting bmw29:

How old is he? My son is almost 12 and I homeschool so when I get some time away from him I love every second of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No we don't always feel that sad. I love my kids but I also need to provide for them. It's still called parenting

Quoting mamabear55:

I'm sorry. Kids love interaction with other people though. I think it's just us mama's that feel sad, lol

Quoting SAnders224:

I work 12 hour shifts so I'm away from dd for about 13 hours straight. It sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

deenakate
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
It's healthy for your child to have interaction with others when your not around. Teaches them coping skills.
fatcat0908
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I have three kids 10,8,2. I've been a SAHM for the past decade. I've attended every single softball game, football game they've cheered in, every school play, doctors appointment, parent teacher conference and so on. I make home cooked meals over 90% of the time upwards of three times a day. I have absolutely no guilt about taking a long weekend trip with my husband while I know the kids are happily getting some great bonding time with grandma and grandpa. Keep in mind, just as parents need a little alone time away from the kids, kids need a little space and alone time away from mom and dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM

As he gets older that I'll probably change.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

You've got to relax. My parents will sometimes have my kids all day. They go to daycare and school. They'll spend the day at their cousins. I'm fine because I know THEY ARE FINE and having fun. ;)

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Hey I can only last 30 minutes so you're doing better then me.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I was like that with ds until he was about 4. I didn't want to be away from him longer than a few hours.

Dd is a year old and I have a tough time being away from her lol. I know what you mean, OP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

It's easier when the people you leave them with love them and care for them like they would their own. I have no problem letting my little ones stay with my parents. They care for them like I do. I do miss them the whole time and am thrilled to get them back. But I know it's important for them to have other healthy relationships other than with just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)