Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents chose not to Vaccinate their children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 304 Replies
4 moms liked this

There is this girl on my facebook who is complaining because her pediatrician is giving her a hard time because she does not want her children to have all of the vaccinations. She wants to pick and choose which ones. 

Can someone please educate me on why someone would not want their children vaccinated? 

Also, where we live the schools request the vaccination records and if your child is not up to date they send letters home... what happens if the parents refuse to vaccinate? 

EDITED TO ADD AFTER 3 PAGES OF COMMENTS: I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Nucking.Futs.
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Because it's their children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

DahliaDoxy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Because poison.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Public schools MUST take an exemption form. Almost all states (but two) have up to 3 different exemption reasoning's; medical, religious, philosophical.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am done vaxing my ds until he is 4, he has not gotten the MMR, chickenpox, or flu, hes 22 months old. After reading whats in them I am holding off until hes older, if he gets them at all. And most states have exemptions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM

a lot of people believe that certain vax's cause austism..i'm sure there are other reasons thats just the most common one i hear. ive also heard that you can sign a paper if your kids are not vaxed to send them to school..not sure what the paper is or what it means but thats what i've heard

LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM
7 moms liked this
Same reason I vaccinate mine. I think it's best for my kids, they think not vaxing or selective vaxing is best for theirs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM

the allergies and medical reasons I can understand. Even the religious reasons, ok.. 

but other than that, why would someone not want to protect their children from deadly illnesses.. 

** I am not trying to insult anyone or ruffle any feathers... just hoping someone can tell me a real scientific reason for not vaccinating their children **

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Because they think they're doing what is best for their children. Why do you choose to vaccinate?

MamaMay007
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Well, some of the viruses that are used to make vaccines are grown in stem cells that originated from aborted babies.  Some people are so agianst abortion that they feel it condones the abortion to use the vaccination.  At least that is why you can get a religious waiver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)