Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents chose not to Vaccinate their children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There is this girl on my facebook who is complaining because her pediatrician is giving her a hard time because she does not want her children to have all of the vaccinations. She wants to pick and choose which ones. 

Can someone please educate me on why someone would not want their children vaccinated? 

Also, where we live the schools request the vaccination records and if your child is not up to date they send letters home... what happens if the parents refuse to vaccinate? 

EDITED TO ADD AFTER 3 PAGES OF COMMENTS: I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I signed a vaccination waiver to put DS in school. As long as it is on file they can't ask me anything about it.

I selectively vaccinate based on my research, the disease and the length the vacciene has been around.

We did not do the second MMR, the only reason it is done is because 2% of children do not develop immunity to the rubella portion of the vaccination, so I see it as unnecessary

We also do not do chicken pox or flu vaccinations, and will not be doing guardicil

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
All schools will request vaccine records but there are waivers. My dd is starting kindergarten in the fall at a Catholic school and they accepted a religious waiver.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Good lord...are you new to parenthood?

I don't have to explain why, do your own research and get your head outta the sand.

I will fight for my right to choose, forever! O-and we signs these little papers called *waivers*.
Pro-choice across the board...I do not need the government to hold my hand!
Redneck blogger:)
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I'm in WV and that won't fly here. Her kids will be vaccinated or they will not be admitted to school. Period.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

SimplyEnchanted
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

This. Shame on me for wanting to save my child from another 3 years of therapy following a vaccine reaction. People are ignorant and really? I couldn't care less what people think. My child is most imporant to me and I refuse to risk another severe reaction!

Quoting BEXi:

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

Pregnancy%20tickerMama to five beautiful girls- Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(7), Priya(4)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

DahliaDoxy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Because some people believe vaccines don't work. 

Quoting Anonymous:

the allergies and medical reasons I can understand. Even the religious reasons, ok.. 

but other than that, why would someone not want to protect their children from deadly illnesses.. 

** I am not trying to insult anyone or ruffle any feathers... just hoping someone can tell me a real scientific reason for not vaccinating their children **

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

What happens if a child has not been vaccinated and that child gets Measles or Mumps or Rubella

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

How effective is MMR vaccine?

More than 95% of the people who receive a single dose of MMR will develop immunity to all 3 viruses. A second vaccine dose gives immunity to almost all of those who did not respond to the first dose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

because they are paranoid and believe the government is out to kill them

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

What happens if a child has not been vaccinated and that child gets Measles or Mumps or Rubella

My coworkers son has had zero vaccinations

He got the measles, was home for a few days and was fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)