Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents chose not to Vaccinate their children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There is this girl on my facebook who is complaining because her pediatrician is giving her a hard time because she does not want her children to have all of the vaccinations. She wants to pick and choose which ones. 

Can someone please educate me on why someone would not want their children vaccinated? 

Also, where we live the schools request the vaccination records and if your child is not up to date they send letters home... what happens if the parents refuse to vaccinate? 

EDITED TO ADD AFTER 3 PAGES OF COMMENTS: I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Because we believe the risks outweigh the benefits when it comes to vaccines.

Quoting Anonymous:

the allergies and medical reasons I can understand. Even the religious reasons, ok.. 

but other than that, why would someone not want to protect their children from deadly illnesses.. 

** I am not trying to insult anyone or ruffle any feathers... just hoping someone can tell me a real scientific reason for not vaccinating their children **

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM

why are you getting so upset? I was just asking a question. If you feel so strongly about this decision than why not calmly explain why you chose not to vaccinate your babies - alot of people are not aware of the reasons and you could educate someone and maybe help them to make the same decision you have made. 

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

This. Shame on me for wanting to save my child from another 3 years of therapy following a vaccine reaction. People are ignorant and really? I couldn't care less what people think. My child is most imporant to me and I refuse to risk another severe reaction!

Quoting BEXi:

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Cause they are paranoid , organic hippies that think the government is out to get us and everything is poison....

Don't bother quoting and bashing me I'm not gonna waste my time in a mindless battle of the witless .
Josie_P
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Because I've done my research and don't want my kids vaccinated. Not really a hard concept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberlynn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I believe there are exemption forms that parents who chooses not to vax can give to the school. Parents in general, have their own personal reasons to vax/not vax their children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Your state is one of the TWO that dont accept any of the three waivers. The rest of the nation does.

Quoting angelachristine:

I'm in WV and that won't fly here. Her kids will be vaccinated or they will not be admitted to school. Period.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Yes but WV and one other state i think Mississippi but not sure only accept medical waivers. I don't know about private schools but you cannot enter public school without being fully vaccinated.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

All schools will request vaccine records but there are waivers. My dd is starting kindergarten in the fall at a Catholic school and they accepted a religious waiver.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

SimplyEnchanted
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I'm not upset. If you read my post you'll see why I don't vaccinate. I stated it clearly. I was agreeing with the other poster.  Vaccination is a personal choice which each parent is free to make. As for mine, I won't risk another severe reaction. My daughter spent 3 years in therapy after her vaccines.

Quoting Anonymous:

why are you getting so upset? I was just asking a question. If you feel so strongly about this decision than why not calmly explain why you chose not to vaccinate your babies - alot of people are not aware of the reasons and you could educate someone and maybe help them to make the same decision you have made. 

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

This. Shame on me for wanting to save my child from another 3 years of therapy following a vaccine reaction. People are ignorant and really? I couldn't care less what people think. My child is most imporant to me and I refuse to risk another severe reaction!

Quoting BEXi:

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

Pregnancy%20tickerMama to five beautiful girls- Piper(11), Paris(9), Prue(7), Priya(4)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I think some are scared especially when you hear about autism

I vaccinate but I understand the fear behind it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

All schools will request vaccine records but there are waivers. My dd is starting kindergarten in the fall at a Catholic school and they accepted a religious waiver.

the catholic church does NOT have issues with vaccinations.  Why did you use a religious waiver in a catholic school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)